In some instances, the Bitdefender Installer window might remain stuck on the screen of your macOS after you successfully installed Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. The window remains open, even after you restart your Mac, just like in the picture below.
If you are faced with such a scenario, we’ll show you exactly how to successfully get rid of it.
1. First, let’s uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. From the Applications > Bitdefender folder, run the Bitdefender Uninstaller. Check out this article for a step-by-step guide on how to uninstall Bitdefender.
2. Restart your Mac in Safe Boot as described in this article.
3. Next, once your Mac operates in Safe Mode delete any Bitdefender leftovers:
• On the Dock of your Mac click the Finder icon.
• Click on Go in the top menu bar and select Go to Folder.
• Type /Library/LaunchAgents/ and click on Go.
• Move to Trash this file: com.bitdefender.installer.plist
• Finally, empty Trash.
4. Next, it’s time to restart your Mac in normal mode and reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac using a new kit from Central. See more details in the installation article.
5. If the Bitdefender Installer window reappears, simply restart your Mac once more and make sure you uncheck the box Reopen windows when logging back in.
6. If the Bitdefender Installer resurfaces, contact Bitdefender support and attach the following information to your support ticket for further troubleshooting:
• a diagnostic log generated with the BDProfiler tool. You can find easy-to-follow steps on how to generate a BDProfiler log in this article.
• let our technician know if you have a Windows partition under Boot Camp and if you also installed Bitdefender on that partition.