In some instances, the Bitdefender Installer window might remain on the screen of your computer after you successfully installed Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. The window remains open, even after you have restarted your device.
If you are faced with such a scenario, you should follow these steps:
1. From the Utilities folder, run the Bitdefender Uninstaller. You can find more details in this article.
2. Restart your Mac in Safe Boot as described in this article.
3. Delete any Bitdefender leftovers
• Click on Finder in Dock
• Click on Go in the menu bar and select Go to Folder
• Type /Library/LaunchAgents/ and click on Go
• Move to Trash this file: com.bitdefender.installer.plist
• Empty Trash
4. Restart your Mac in normal mode and reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac using a new kit from Central. See more details in the installation article.
5. If the Bitdefender Installer window reappears, restart your Mac once more and make sure you disable “Reopen windows when logging back in”.
6. If the issue persists after, open a Bitdefender ticket or reply on the one you already opened and:
NOTE: Send us a BitdefenderProfiler_output.zip log generated with BDProfiler.tool. You can see how to do that in this article.
NOTE: Tell us if you have a Windows partition under Boot Camp and if you also installed Bitdefender on that partition.