This article will guide you through the removal of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac from your Mac.
To uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, proceed with the following steps:
1. Minimize any open windows and click on an empty space on the desktop.
2. Click on Go from the menu bar and select Applications.
3. In the Applications window, you will see a Bitdefender folder (also indicated in the picture below). Open that folder.
4. In the Bitdefender folder, double-click on BitdefenderUninstaller.
5. A new window will pop-up. Select Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac and Bitdefender VPN, then click on Uninstall.
6. Confirm the process by entering the administrator password. The uninstalling will begin.
7. When the process is complete click on Close. A web page will open asking you to complete a survey. Your feedback would be much appreciated. If you don’t have the time, simply close the page.
8. Go to Macintosh HD > Library and move the Bitdefender folder to Trash. You will be asked for the administrator password again.
9. If you still have the Bitdefender icon in Dock, right-click on it, select Options > Remove from Dock
NOTE: The scan logs, the Quarantine, and other files will remain in Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Antivirus for Mac. If you have important files that have been quarantined, it is necessary to reinstall Bitdefender in order to get them back. Otherwise, you may move to Trash the entire Antivirus for Mac folder, alongside any other Bitdefender folders.
10. After uninstalling Bitdefender, make sure all Kernel extensions have been removed by accessing the following address: /Library/Extensions/
Delete the following Kernel extensions if you find them at the previously mentioned location:
NOTE: If the uninstall process fails, continue with the steps from this article – How to uninstall Antivirus for Mac if the standard uninstaller doesn’t work.