To remove Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, please proceed with the following steps:
1. Minimize any open windows and click on an empty space on the desktop
2. Click on Go from the menu bar and select Utilities or press Shift+Command+U.B You can also open Finder and go to Applications, then Utilities and run the BitdefenderUninstaller.
Alternatively, click on Go from the menu bar and select Computer. Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Bitdefender > Central > Agent and run the BitdefenderUninstaller.
3. In the new window that will pop up, click on Uninstall.
4. Confirm the process by entering the administrator password. The uninstalling will begin.
5. When the process is complete click on Close. A web page will open asking you to complete a survey. Your feedback would be much appreciated. If you don’t have the time, simply close the page.
6. Go to Macintosh HD > Library and move the Bitdefender folder to Trash. You will be asked for the administrator password again.
7. If you still have the Bitdefender icon in Dock, right-click on it, select Options > Remove from Dock
NOTE: The scan logs, the Quarantine, and other files will be remain at Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Antivirus for Mac. If you have important files that have been quarantined, it is necessary to reinstall Bitdefender in order to get them back. Otherwise, you may move to Trash the entire Antivirus for Mac folder.
NOTE: The uninstaller will also remove Bitdefender Virus Scanner Plus or Bitdefender Virus Scanner if they are installed on your Mac along with Antivirus for Mac.