This article guides you on how to download and install the Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac app on macOS devices. You can also watch the step-by-step tutorial presented in the video below.
Prior to the installation, make sure your Mac meets the system requirements for running Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac and that you have a valid Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac subscription in your Bitdefender Central account so the product you install can retrieve its validity from your account. Active subscriptions are listed in the ‘My Subscriptions’ section of Central. For more information about subscriptions, see How to activate your Bitdefender Subscription.
VIDEO – How to install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac
1. Go to the Mac you want to protect and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account. If you don’t have an account already, please sign up for one.
2. Select the My Devices panel.
3. In the My Devices window, click + Install Bitdefender products on your devices.
4. A new window will pop up. Choose Security, then click This device to download Bitdefender on your Mac.
5. The installer will be downloaded on your system inside the Downloads folder. Double-click the bitdefender file with the .pkg extension and follow the on-screen instructions. Click Allow if prompted, then Continue.
6. Next, you will be guided through the steps necessary to install Bitdefender on your Mac. Click on Continue.
7. In order to continue the installation, you will have to agree to the terms of the software Subscription Agreement.
8. Select the disk where you want to install the Bitdefender software, then click on Continue. After that, select Install.
9. When prompted, type your username and password, then click Install Software.
10. A small window will appear and Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac will automatically download and install on your Mac.
The installation is now complete if you have Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11), or macOS Sierra (10.12).
NOTE: Click the corresponding link below only if your Mac is using macOS High Sierra or a newer version such as Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey – Find out which macOS your Mac is using. Older macOS versions do not require these extra steps.
How to continue the installation on macOS High Sierra (10.13)
How to continue the installation on macOS Mojave (10.14) or later