This article guides you on how to install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. Before proceeding with the installation, make sure your Mac meets the system requirements.
You can also watch the steps presented in the video.
1. Sign in to your Bitdefender Central account.
NOTE: If you don’t have an account already, please sign up for one.
• Prior to the installation of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, please make sure that you have a Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac subscription in your Central account so the product you install can retrieve its validity from your account.
• If you have an older license key for the previous Antivirus for Mac product, you can find how to transform it into a Bitdefender subscription, in this article.
2. Select the My Devices panel.
3. In the My Devices window, click + Install Bitdefender products on your devices.
4. A new window will pop-up. Choose Security, then click This device to install Bitdefender on your current Mac.
NOTE: If you want to protect Other devices, select this option. Then select either ‘Email link’ to send a download link via email or ‘Copy link’ to share the link in a direct message.
5. The installer will be downloaded on your system inside the Downloads folder. Double-click the bitdefender file with the .pkg extension and follow the on-screen instructions. Click Allow if prompted, then Continue.
6. Next, you will be guided through the steps necessary to install Bitdefender on your Mac. Click on Continue.
7. In order to continue the installation, you will have to agree to the terms of the software Subscription Agreement.
8. Select the disk where you want to install the Bitdefender software, then click on Continue. After that, select Install.
9. When prompted, type your username and password, then click Install Software.
10. A small window will appear and Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac will automatically download and install on your Mac.
The installation is now complete if you have macOS Yosemite, El Capitan, or Sierra.
NOTE: Click the corresponding link below only if your Mac is using macOS High Sierra or a newer version such as Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur – Find out which macOS your Mac is using. Older macOS versions do not require these extra steps.
How to continue the installation on Mojave 10.14 or later