This article helps you learn how to turn off all modules in Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. At the end, remember to re-enable the modules you have initially turned off.
To make certain changes on your Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, you will be asked to enter the username and password of an administrator account.
1. Bring up the Bitdefender interface and click Protection.
2. Access the Anti-Ransomware tab and switch OFF Safe Files and Time Machine Protection.
3. Go to Privacy. In the VPN tab click Open and press DISCONNECT if it’s connected.
4. Go to Preferences. In the Protection tab switch OFF Bitdefender Shield & Scan only new and modified files.
5. In the Other tab switch OFF Special Offers.
6. To disable Web Protection and Anti-tracker browser extensions:
• go to the Safari menu and choose Preferences, then access the Extensions tab
• uncheck the box next to TrafficLight and Anti-tracker
• go to the Chrome menu and choose Preferences, then access Extensions
• switch OFF: TrafficLight and Bitdefender Anti-tracker
• go to the Firefox menu and choose Preferences, then access Extensions & Themes and click on Extensions
• click the menu on the left hand side of TrafficLight and choose Disable. Repeat with Bitdefender Anti-tracker.