If you want to, you can prevent specific files, folders, or even an entire volume from being scanned by Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. For example, you might want to exclude from scanning:
• Files that are mistakenly identified as infected (known as false positives)
• Files that cause scanning errors
• Backup volumes
To add an item to the Exceptions list, follow the steps detailed below:
1. Open the main Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac window and go to the Protection window.
2. In the Antivirus tab, click on the Open button from the Exceptions module.
3. In the new window, click on the + icon.
4. Navigate to the item you want to add to the Exceptions list, select it, then click on Open.
NOTE: In the image below, we added the AVP folder to the list as an example.
5. Type your admin account and password (if requested).
6. The item has now been added as an exception in Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. Click on Close to return to the main Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac window.