Bitdefender ensures the best cyber-security available on the market and offers a wealth of features designed to keep your devices safe. Our company policy is to offer all our customers free upgrades to the latest Bitdefender product available on the market for the remaining days of their subscription period. These upgrades are rolled out automatically during the early weeks of a new release.
The upgrade to the newest version is possible without following the manual uninstall and reinstall procedure. More precisely, the new product including new features and major product improvements is delivered via product update and, if you already have an active Bitdefender subscription, the product gets automatically activated:
1. Click RESTART NOW in the notification you receive with the upgrade information. If you miss it, access the Notifications window, point to the most recent update, and then click the RESTART NOW button. Wait for the device to restart.
2. The What’s new window with information about the improved and new features appears.
3. Click the Read more links to be redirected to our dedicated page with more details and helpful articles.
4. Close the What’s new window to access the interface of the newly installed version.
To perform a manual upgrade to the latest Bitdefender version, simply download a fresh installation kit from Bitdefender Central and follow the on-screen steps.
Note: If you upgrade by following the steps below, the product settings (including all Firewall rules) from previous versions will not be saved.
1. Go to Bitdefender Central and sign in.
2. On the left-side column, click on My Devices.
3. In the My Devices screen, click on INSTALL PROTECTION and select Protect this device, then select device owner.
4. Run the downloaded executable file on your system and follow the on-screen instructions. This will automatically download the latest Bitdefender and uninstall the version installed on your device.
5. Restart your computer when prompted.
6. Click INSTALL.
7. After the installation is complete, you can use the latest Bitdefender version.
Users who want to upgrade for free from Bitdefender 2016 or lower versions to the newest Bitdefender version, have to uninstall their current version from Control Panel, and then download the latest installation file from the Bitdefender website at the following address: https://www.bitdefender.com/Downloads/. The activation is possible only with a valid subscription.