This article guides you on how to download and install Bitdefender on Windows computers. You can also watch the step-by-step tutorial presented in the video below.
ⓘ Note: Prior to the installation, make sure your PC meets the system requirements for running Bitdefender and that you have a valid subscription in your Bitdefender Central account so the product you install can retrieve its validity from your account. Active subscriptions are listed in the ‘My Subscriptions’ section of Central. For more information about subscriptions, see How to activate your Bitdefender Subscription.
Install Bitdefender on Windows computers, laptops, tablets
1. Go to the PC you want to protect and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account at https://central.bitdefender.com . If you don’t have an account already, please sign up for one. What is Bitdefender Central & How do I use it?
2. Access the My Devices section on the left side of the Bitdefender Central webpage. Then:
If this is a first-time installation you will have an option called Install protection on your device which you can click on, as shown below.
If Bitdefender is already installed on other devices, click on + ADD DEVICE.
3. At this point, a new window will pop up. Choose Security in the product selection screen.
4. Then choose This device to download the Bitdefender installer on your Windows computer.
5. When the download is ready, this yellow pop-up will appear in your browser to help you locate the Bitdefender file you’ve just saved. It will usually be in your Downloads folder. Double-click to open the file name that starts with bitdefender_windows_ and follow the on-screen instructions.
6. Choose Yes if the User Account Control dialogue prompts you to allow the installation file to make changes to your device.
7. The installation package is first updated. This step could take a few minutes or a longer time, especially over slow internet connections.
8. Wait until the dialog box shown below appears on your screen. Optionally, you can change the language in which Bitdefender will be installed using the drop-down menu in the bottom right corner.
Click on Install after you read and agree to the Subscription Agreement.
9. Please wait while Bitdefender finishes installing.
10. At the end of the Bitdefender installation, you will see a recommendation to start a device assessment that you can do or skip.
11. Click Finish on the screen that displays details of your subscription to open the Bitdefender interface.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Bitdefender on Windows. To install on other devices see – How to install Bitdefender on Another Device: Install, transfer or protect extra devices.