This article guides you on how to download and install Bitdefender on Windows computers. You can also watch the step-by-step tutorial presented in the video below.
Prior to the installation, make sure your PC meets the system requirements for running Bitdefender and that you have a valid subscription in your Bitdefender Central account so the product you install can retrieve its validity from your account. Active subscriptions are listed in the ‘My Subscriptions’ section of Central. For more information about subscriptions, see How to activate your Bitdefender Subscription.
VIDEO – How to install Bitdefender on Windows
1. Go to the PC you want to protect and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account. If you don’t have an account already, please sign up for one.
2. Select the My Devices panel.
3. In the My Devices window, click + Install Bitdefender products on your devices.
4. A new window will pop up. Choose Security, then click This device to download Bitdefender on your computer.
5. Wait until the download completes. Then double-click the bitdefender file you’ve just saved – this arrow will help you locate it in the browser – and follow the on-screen instructions to begin the installation.
Note: The installation package is first updated, then the setup wizard appears. Downloading the installation files can take a long time, especially over slower internet connections.
6. Select the language you want to install the product in.
7. Click Install to confirm your preferences and begin the installation. Wait for the installation to complete.
8. Click Start Device Assessment to initiate a scan of critical system areas. Once the scan is completed, click Open Bitdefender Interface.
9. In the “Getting Started” window, you can see details about your active subscription. Click Finish to access the Bitdefender interface.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Bitdefender on Windows.