This article guides you on how to install Bitdefender on Windows computers. Before proceeding with the installation, make sure your PC meets the system requirements.
You can also watch the steps presented in the video below.
1. Sign into your Bitdefender Central account. If you don’t have an account already, please sign up for one.
• Prior to the installation of Bitdefender, please make sure that you have a Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security or Bitdefender Total Security subscription in your Central account so the product you install can retrieve it’s validity from your account. If you need help activating your subscription, refer to this article: How to activate the Bitdefender subscription.
2. Go to My Devices, then click INSTALL PROTECTION.
3. In the Protect your devices window click Protect this device to install Bitdefender on your current PC. Then select device owner from the list.
• To install Bitdefender on another device click Protect other devices. Select device owner first. You can choose to copy to clipboard the download link or SEND DOWNLOAD LINK. Enter the e-mail address of the recipient and click SEND EMAIL to send the download link via e-mail.
4. Wait until the download completes, then run the installer. This button will help you locate it in the browser
5. The installation package is first updated, then the setup wizard appears. Downloading the installation files can take a long time, especially over slower internet connections.
6. Select the language you want to install the product in.
7. Click Install to confirm your preferences and begin the installation. Wait for the installation to complete.
8. Click Start Device Assessment to initiate a scan of critical system areas. When the scan is completed, click Open Bitdefender Interface.
• If you do not wish to perform the scan, simply click Skip.
9. In the Getting started window you can see details about your active subscription. Click Finish to access the Bitdefender interface.
Your Bitdefender product is now installed and activated!