How to manually remove an infected file from your computer
In order to manually remove an infected item from your computer you need to perform the following steps:
1. Restart the computer in Safe Mode. You can do that, by following the steps in our article, here.
2. Display hidden objects in Windows; information on how to display the hidden object can be found here.
3. Locate and delete (right click on the file > delete) the infected file. In our example the infected file is:
4. After you do this, you can restart the computer in Normal Mode.
Please run a Bitdefender System Scan to be sure the computer is clean.
Important; We recommend manually deleting an infected file only if you are sure the file isn't an important operating system file. Deleting a system file may result in the malfunction of your operating system. If you are not sure about the file, please contact the Customer Care Department.
- .tmp files found on C:\\, C:\\Windows, C:\\Windows\\temp, etc.
- files found in the locations: