In this article we are going to show you how to generate and submit a scan log from the Bitdefender product.
Before you do that, please make sure your product is up-to-date. To update your product please perform the following steps:
1. Right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the System Tray.
2. Click on Update Now and wait until the process completes.
After that please perform a System Scan. In order to do that:
1. Open the Bitdefender window and go to the Protection window.
2. In the Antivirus module, select System scan. The scan will start. Please wait for it to finish.
3. After the scan is finished please click on SHOW LOG.
4. The scan log’s location is indicated next to Log Path.
5. To access it, select the indicated location up to the last backslash, as indicated in the image below, then then hold Ctrl and press C to copy it.
6. Hold the Windows key and press E to open a File Explorer window.
7. Click the address bar in this window, then hold Ctrl and press V. After that, press Enter.
8. The scan log is the one with the name indicated in the Log Path. In our case, the scan log is named 1553258134_1_01.xml.
The .xml file contains the same info shown in the scan log from the product, in the Basic, Advanced, Targeted Threat types, Scan Options, Target Processing and Scan Engines Summary sections.
NOTE: If you want to manually remove an infected file from your computer, you have a detailed description on how to do that, here in our article.
If the Technical Support Team asked you for the scan log, please attach its .xml file to the reply to the opened ticket you have. If you don’t have a ticket, you can use the Contact Form to open a new ticket.