This article shows how to scan a Windows computer for malware and how to retrieve the scan log once the Bitdefender antivirus scan is complete.
Before starting a scan make sure Bitdefender is up-to-date. To update your product:
• Right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the System Tray.
• Click on Update Now and wait until the process completes.
After that perform a complete scan on your computer:
1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.
2. In the Antivirus module, click Open.
3. Click the Run Scan button next to System Scan.
4. Follow the system scan wizard to complete the scan. After the scan is finished click on View Log.
5. The location of the scan log is indicated under the Bitdefender Log File.
6. To access it, select the indicated location up to the last backslash, as indicated in the image below, then hold Ctrl and press C to copy it.
7. Hold the Windows key and press E to open a File Explorer window.
8. Click the address bar in this window, then hold Ctrl and press V. After that, press Enter.
9. The scan log is the one with the name indicated in the Log Path. In our case, the scan log is named 1553258134_1_01.xml.
The .xml file contains the same info shown in the scan log from the product, in the Basic, Advanced, Targeted Threat types, Scan Options, Target Processing and Scan Engines Summary sections.
If the scan log was requested by the Bitdefender support team attach the .XML file to your support ticket for further troubleshooting.
NOTE: If you want to manually remove an infected file from your computer, you have a detailed description of how to do that, here in our article.