Bitdefender Anti-Theft allows you to take certain measures in order to retrieve a stolen device. If recovering a device is impossible, the user also has the possibility to send a WIPE command, effectively erasing everything on its storage.
To access the Anti-Theft features, follow these steps:
1. Go to Bitdefender Central and log in to your account.
2. Go to the My Devices screen.
3. Select your device from the list.
4. In the upper part of the window, click on Anti-Theft.
5. Select the feature you want to use:
• LOCATE: Displays your device’s location on Google Maps. The device you want to locate must be connected to the Internet.
NOTE: If the laptop is connected to a wired LAN with no Wi-fi based location available, the location will be determined based on the IP address, which is considerably less accurate
• ALERT: Send a remote alert on the device.
NOTE: The feature is only available on mobile devices
• LOCK: Lock your device and set a 4 digit PIN for unlocking it.
NOTE: In the case of Windows devices, this action is available only for laptops that have front camera. If you forget the PIN, click on the LOCK icon in the Anti-Theft screen, then click on Show last used passcode.
• WIPE: Deletes all data (including the Windows operating system) from your computer.
IMPORTANT: The WIPE action is irreversible. Use it only if your device was been stolen, to ensure that the data will not be used by the thief.