How to upgrade to Bitdefender 2020
Bitdefender 2020 ensures the best cyber-security available on the market and offers a wealth of features designed to keep your devices safe. Our company policy is to offer all our customers free upgrades to the latest Bitdefender product available on the market for the remaining days of their subscription period. These upgrades are rolled-out automatically after the launch.
To manually upgrade for free to the brand-new Bitdefender 2020 simply download the latest installation kit from Bitdefender Central and follow the instructions presented in the installer.
Note! When upgrading to Bitdefender 2020 using the steps below, the product settings (including the Firewall rules) from the previous version are not saved.
If you are using an older version (e.g. Bitdefender 2019, Bitdefender 2018, etc.) you can upgrade to Bitdefender 2020 by following these steps:
1. Go to Bitdefender Central and sign in.
2. On the left-side column, click on My Devices.
3. In the My Devices screen, click on INSTALL PROTECTION and select Protect this device, then select device owner.
4. Run the downloaded executable file on your system and follow the on-screen instructions. This will automatically download Bitdefender 2020 and uninstall the version installed on your device.
5. Restart your computer when prompted.
6. Click INSTALL.
7. After the installation is complete, click START USING BITDEFENDER.
8. You can now use your Bitdefender 2020 product.