How to create a Firewall zone in Bitdefender 2014
Depending on the network you are connected to, the Bitdefender firewall may block the connection between your system and another device (such as another computer or a printer). As a result, you may no longer share or print files.
In this case, make sure that the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the respective device:
1. Open Bitdefender, go to FIREWALL panel and make sure it is turned ON
2. Click on Manage adapters and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device
3. Click on the small arrow next to each information displayed for this network connection. A drop-down menu appears. Set:
* Network Type to Home/Office
* Stealth Mode to Off
* Generic to Yes and click Close
Check if the issue persists. If it does, the best solution is to configure Bitdefender to automatically allow connections to and from the respective device. For each network connection you can configure a special trusted zone
To add a trusted zone on your network adapters, follow these steps:
1. Open the Bitdefender window.
2. Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar..
3. In the Settings Overview window, select Firewall.
4. In the Firewall Settings window, select the Settings tab.
5. Under Firewall Rules, click Adapter rules.
6. Click Add Zone. A new window displaying the IP addresses of the devices connected to the network will appear.
7. Select the IP address of the computer or the printer you want to add, or type an address or address range in the provided text box.
8. Select Allow and then click OK and Close.