There are a few common causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:
• You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
• A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer or your ISP.
• Another VPN/Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
• You are trying to connect from a public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
• Some ports used for the VPN connection are closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the following ports have to be open:
on Windows & Android: 1194 UDP, 443 UDP
on Mac: 4500 UDP, 500 UDP, 443 UDP
If the above tips don’t help you resolve the VPN error, try these troubleshooting steps.
Start by clicking the name of your operating system.