If you cannot use Outlook or other apps (Xbox, Steam, etc.) after connecting to Bitdefender VPN while other programs have internet access, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
1. Press the Windows Start menu in the lower-left corner of your screen, then type in ncpa.cpL and hit Enter on your keyboard. This will open up your list of network adapters.
2. Right-click the network adapter that has the description AnchorFree TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and choose Properties.
3. Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click the button Properties.
4. Click Advanced from the main properties window for the TCP/IPv4 protocol.
5. Click Add under Default gateways.
6. Enter the IP address of your router, then press Add and OK to validate the changes.
In this screenshot we have added a default gateway of 192.168.0.1 which is the default IP address of most routers and ADSL modems. To find the IP of your router:
• go to Windows Start menu , type in cmd and press Enter
• type ipconfig in the Command Prompt window, then press Enter
• your gateway IP address is listed next to Default Gateway
7. Now reconnect to Bitdefender VPN. When you open up any of the Microsoft applications they will see an active internet connection.