Central is your one-stop security center. Here, you can activate your Bitdefender subscription using the activation code purchased or received as a present, and install Bitdefender on any device.
The validity countdown for subscriptions acquired via our online store www.bitdefender.com will start right after the purchase is finalized, regardless of the Central activation timestamp – excepting Bitdefender BOX.
To activate and add a subscription to your Central account follow the steps below.
NOTE: If you’ve already activated the subscription and need help with the installation process, read these articles.
1. Go to Bitdefender Central and sign in. If you don’t have an account, choose to create one.
2. If you don’t have an active subscription in your Central account, as soon as you sign in you will be prompted to either activate your new subscription or to buy Bitdefender. Click Activate a subscription.
If another subscription is already active in your Central account click the My Subscriptions panel, located on the left side of the window. Next, click + Activate with code.
3. Input the code from the confirmation email received after purchasing Bitdefender.
NOTE: The email is received only upon purchase. If you already activated this code and your product expired you need to purchase a new one from here.
4. Click ACTIVATE to continue.
NOTE: If you receive a “This key was already used to generate a subscription” message when entering your activation code, please check the My Subscriptions panel to see if your subscription is already attached to your Central account.
5. Choose how you would like to use the code, then click on ACTIVATE. For instance, you can choose to add a separate subscription or to extend the current one.
6. Your subscription is now active in your Central!
Once your subscription is active in your Bitdefender Central account, you can start installing & protecting your devices.
Keep in mind that the activation code can be entered only once, on only one Central account. Once the subscription is active, the code is no longer needed in the installation process, as all installations are managed directly from your Bitdefender Central account.
NOTE: If you purchased a Bitdefender subscription and the new validity is not reflected in the installed product, just log out and log back in again to your Central account using the Switch Account button (see the image below for reference). That should refresh your Bitdefender account and allow you to use the renewed subscription.