Update errors are usually caused by issues with the internet connection (the connection temporary failed, you are using a proxy, another firewall blocked the Bitdefender update, etc)
What to do when Bitdefender encounters update errors:
1. As a rule of thumb, always check the frequency of update errors (open the main Bitdefender window and click on Notifications in the left-side column). As long as they are only random update errors, followed by successful updates, it means Bitdefender is up-to-date and no further actions are required.
On the other hand, if there aren’t any successful updates, click here to learn how to update Bitdefender offline until you sort out your connectivity issues.
2. Make sure you have a stable internet connection, then try to manually update Bitdefender:
• Right click on the Bitdefender icon in the system tray.
• Click on Update Now.
3. If you’re using a proxy, make sure it is properly set up.
4. If you’re using another Firewall software, we recommend turning it off (including the firewall integrated in your router and Windows Firewall if you’re running Bitdefender Antivirus Plus).
5. Restart your router and see if this solved the issue.
Common update errors & how to stop them: