This article explains how to update Bitdefender when the Internet connection is either too slow or when the PC doesn’t have Internet access.
You can download the updates manually to a computer with Internet access and then transfer them to your offline computer using a removable device, such as a flash drive. The update package is called weekly.exe and is released every Friday. It includes all the virus definitions and scan engines updates that are available up to the release date.
To update Bitdefender using weekly.exe, follow the steps below.
1. Download this file and save it locally on your hard disk:
NOTE: For Bitdefender 2019 & older Bitdefender versions use this file instead.
2. Double-click the downloaded file to start the setup wizard.
3. Click Next to begin the installation process.
4. Check I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
5. Click Install to begin installing.
6. Click Finish to close the installation wizard.
NOTE: The weekly.exe application is a Virus Definition Update only. If you are looking to install product updates, you must update Bitdefender using an Internet connection through the Update feature of the product.