BitDefender can disinfect or delete automatically the files infected by this particular virus. The modified registry entries should be corrected manually.
1. If you don't have BitDefender installed click here
to download an evaluation version;
2. Make sure that you have the latest updates using BitDefender Live!;
3. Make the following changes in the windows registry:
Note: Please make sure to modify only the values that are specified. It is also recommended to backup the windows registry before proceeding with these changes. For more information on backing the registry please read the FAQ.
a. Select Run... from Start, then type regedit and press Enter;
b. Delete the following keys:
4. You may also run the command:
regsvr32 /u smtp.ocx
and delete the file smtp.ocx.
5. Reboot the system
6. Perform a full scan of your system (selecting, from the Action tab, the option Prompt user for action). Choose to delete all the files infected with Win32.Holar.I@mm.