Bitdefender Parental Control allows you to limit your children’s access to the Internet and to specific applications, preventing them from viewing inappropriate content whenever you are not around.
NOTE: Parental Control is automatically installed on Windows and macOS once you create a child profile and assign a device to it.
In order to use this feature, you will first have to create a profile. Let’s create a profile for your child using the steps below:
1. Click the Privacy icon on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface.
2. In the Parental Control module, click Configure.
3. After this, you will be redirected to the Parental Control section of your Central account.
NOTE: If necessary, log in to your account using your registered e-mail and password.
4. Click on ADD CHILD PROFILE to add a profile.
NOTE: You can also click on the Add Profile button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
5. Start by adding some basic information about your child. Type you child’s name in the corresponding box.
6. Now, choose his Date of birth. First of all, click on the section under Date of birth. A drop-down box will be displayed. In that box, click the arrow on the right side to select the year. After that, click the arrow on the left side to select the month. Both arrows are circled in the picture below.
NOTE: Based on children development standards, setting the child’s date of birth automatically loads specifications considered appropriate for his age category.
7. Click on NEXT STEP.
8. Check the box next to your child’s device from the available list, then click SAVE.
NOTE: Parental Control will be automatically installed, if the selected device has a Bitdefender Total Security subscription or a Bitdefender Internet Security subscription.
NOTE: If he has a Windows device, you will need a Bitdefender Total Security subscription or a Bitdefender Internet Security subscription. For more information regarding the installation process, you can read our complete guide here.
If your child’s device has no Bitdefender product with the Parental Control feature included, click ADD DEVICE and type an email address accessible from his device.