In this article, we will show you how to easily install Bitdefender Parental Control on an Apple device running macOS.
1. Go to Bitdefender Central and log in to your account.
2. Select My Devices in the sidebar.
3. In the My Devices section, click + Install Bitdefender products on your devices.
4. A new window will pop-up. Choose Parental Control.
NOTE: If you haven’t already added a child profile, you are invited to create one. For details please read this article – How to create a child profile for Bitdefender Parental Control.
5. Access the download link shown on-screen from the Mac device.
• You can copy the link displayed by clicking on the button situated at its right side and open it on the Mac that belongs to your child.
• Alternatively, you can click on ‘Send download link’. Then type an e-mail accessible from the Mac device and click on ‘Send email’.
6. A similar webpage will load. Click DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL.
7. Save the installer package on the child’s Mac. Open the downloaded file and install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac by following the instructions presented in this article (start with Step 5).
NOTE: If Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac is already installed, skip this part and continue with step 8.
8. Go back to your Central account and access again the Parental Control section.
9. In the child profile tab, click ADD DEVICE. Or go to OPTIONS and select View devices.
10. You will see a list of all devices from your Central account. Click the button next to your child’s Mac, then click ASSIGN.
11. You will soon be notified that a system extension signed by Bitdefender has been blocked. This is not because of an error. Click on OK.
The notification appears because of a new feature introduced with macOS 10.13 High Sierra. This feature enforces that only kernel extensions (KEXT) approved by the user will be loaded on a system. When a request is made to load an extension that the user has not yet approved, the load request is denied and macOS presents an alert similar to the one shown above.
12. A new window will appear, with the steps required in order to run Bitdefender properly. Click on the Security & Privacy link.
NOTE: You might be required to manually allow Parental Control to access System Preferences. Click OK.
13. After accessing the Security & Privacy section, click on the Allow button, located in the lower part of the window.
NOTE: If software from several developers needs to be allowed, a list will be displayed. Select Bitdefender SRL, then click OK.
Bitdefender Parental Control has been successfully installed on your macOS device!