The Need For Secure And Spam Free Mailboxes
Email has become an indispensible service that businesses need to protect at whatever the cost. When the Email server stops working, so does your workforce. The impact of lost productivity combined with a severe virus outbreak propagated by email can practically bring a company to its knees. While many organizations consider the internal impact of email-borne viruses, an even greater concern is loss of reputation and damage caused by an employee accidently sending out an infected email to partners or customers. More than anything else, damage to a companys reputation can be irreversible.
A companys email system provides one of the main entry and exit points within the network for malicious code propagation and data leakage. Therefore, email security solutions should be able to counter the many different threats that leverage a companys email system in order to propagate.
- Sending or receiving malicious code through email attachments
- Unsolicited communication in the form of Spam
- Phishing attempts to acquire confidential information
- Legitimate users leaking confidential information by email
- Dictionary Harvesting Attacks (DHA)
Because of the mechanisms used to propagate email threats are becoming more virulent, stopping them at the desktop may be too late. Therefore, a solution deployed at the edge of the network and on the mail server itself can minimise the impact of malware by cleaning infected documents and ensuring the protection of your organizations most critical business asset - a communicating workforce.
Bitdefender® Security For Mail Servers
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers protects Windows or UNIX-based mail servers for known and unknown security threats with award winning proactive antivirus, antispyware, antispam, antiphishing, content and attachment filtering technologies. The solution secures organizations email services and provides increased productivity by blocking spam and providing common centralized management tools.
Securing Email Services With Bitdefender
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers provides a host of features targeted towards the small and midsize businesses.
Features And Benefits
- Scans inbound email traffic to ensure real-time antimalware protection and minimise the risk of virus propagation throughout the internal network
- Scan outbound email to stop security threats spreading to your partners and customers
- Scans each email just once by using selected scanning method to minimise the server load
- Content filtering for both inbound and outbound emails, identifying specific administrator defined keyword content such as credit card data
- High Precision Antispam and Antiphishing filters with Heuristic NeuNet technology
- User directory protection against harvesting attacks used by Spammers in an attempt to find legitimate email addresses by brute force techniques
- Allows remote configuration from any computer in the organization through Bitdefenders Centralized Management Server
- Reduce resource costs and overhead to increase overall business productivity
- Minimise network downtime to increase operational efficiency
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers offers intelligent updates once an hour with new virus definitions and restricted content database, ensuring your Mail Server deployment is current with the very latest threat protection.
Defense In Depth
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers is just one element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop. Bitdefenders proactive, multi-platform solutions detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.
Threat Protection For Mail Services
Bitdefenders award-winning scan engines have been recognized by leading certification bodies, - including ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin, and West Coast Labs - for their unmatched proactive antimalware detection. Bitdefender provides multiple levels of advanced protection;
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers offers proactive protection and centralized management of mail services
In addition to signature based detection, Bitdefender provides heuristic detection that emulates a virtual computer-within-a-computer, checking all files and code for malicious behavior. This technique produces fewer false positives and significantly higher detection rates for zero-day and unknown threats.
Using constantly updated blacklists and whitelists of known Spam sites, Bayesian learning provides another layer of detection that adapts to the changes made by Spammers to bypass static Spam filters.
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers detects and prevents known spyware and adware by using five different filtering methods to monitor the registry for modifications, file scanning, cookie control, URL filtering and content inspection to prevent outbound data leakage.
While considered more of personal threat than a corporate threat; phishing sites can also harvesting information from your companys employees. Using a combination of constantly updated blacklists and whitelists, Bitdefender prevents users from known accessing phishing sites and preventing compromise.
Content filtering allows for the detection of predefined information such as credit card or account information, report names, client databases, etc. from passing outside the companys control.
Directory Harvesting Attack (DHA) Protection
Used by spammers to find valid or existing email addresses, Directory Harvesting is more effective for finding e-mail addresses of companies as they conform to a standard. Emails can then be crafted to bypass Spam filters as they target legitimate users.
Security Optimization For Mail Services
Bitdefender optimizes their security solutions specific to each platform, ensuring minimal system degradation and maximum operational performance.
Windows-based Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2000 SP4 + Update Rollup 1
- Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
UNIX-based Operating Systems:
- Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris
- Linux Kernel: 2.6.18 or newer
- glibc: 2.3.1 or newer, libstdc++ from gcc 4 or newer
- Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 or newer
- Fedora Core 1 or newer
- FreeBSD: 5 (or newer with compat5x)
- Mandrake/Mandriva 9.1 or newer
- Novell SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux 8.2 or newer
- OpenSolaris 2008 or 2009 (x86 platform)
- Oracle Linux 5 or newer
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3, Linux 9 or newer
- Slackware 9.x or newer
- Solaris 9 or 10 (x86 platform)