Generating Endpoint Security for Mac Support Tool Log
In very rare situations Endpoint Security for Mac may encounter issues that are impeding the product to work as designed. In such case, you must submit a request to the Bitdefender Technical Support Team for them to investigate and see why the product’s functions are not performing as they should.
When sumbitting a request, you need to provide the following:
- A detailed description of the issue you are encountering.
- A screenshot (if applicable) of the exact error message that appears.
- A BDProfiler log that contains system information.
How to generate a BDProfiler log
To gather Mac system information using the BDProfiler support tool:
- Download the ZIP archive containing the Support Tool.
- Extract the BDProfiler.tool file from the archive.
- Open a Terminal window.
- Navigate to the location of the BDProfiler.tool file.
- Add execute permissions to the file:
chmod +x BDProfiler.tool;
- Run the tool.
- Press Y and enter the password when asked to provide the administrator password.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until the tool finishes generating the log. You will find the resulted archive file (Bitdefenderprofile_output.zip) on your Desktop.