In the Manage Scans window, you can set up Bitdefender to run scans whenever you consider that your device needs a check for potential threats. You can choose to schedule a System Scan or a Quick Scan, or you can create a custom scan at your convenience.
To create a custom scan in detail:
1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.
2. In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Open.
3. In the Scans windows, click + Create scan.
4. In the Task Name field, type a name for the scan, then select the locations you would like to be scanned, and then click Next.
5. Configure these general options:
Scan only applications. You can set Bitdefender to scan only accessed apps.
Scan task priority. You can choose the impact a scan process should have on your system performance.
• Auto – The priority of the scan process will depend on the system activity. To make sure that the scan process will not affect the system activity, Bitdefender will decide whether the scan process should be run with high or low priority.
• High – The priority of the scan process will be high. By choosing this option, you will allow other programs to run slower and decrease the time needed for the scan process to finish.
• Low – The priority of the scan process will be low. By choosing this option, you will allow other programs to run faster and increase the time needed for the scan process to finish.
Post scan actions. Choose what action Bitdefender should take in case no threats are found:
• Show Summary window
• Shutdown device
• Close Scan window
6. If you want to configure the scanning options in detail, click Show advanced options. You can find information about the listed scans at the end of this section. Click Next.
7. You can enable Schedule scan task if you wish, and then choose when the custom scan you created should start:
• At system startup
If you choose Daily, Monthly, or Weekly, drag the slider along the scale to set the desired period of time when the scheduled scan should start.
8. Click Save to save the settings and close the configuration window.
Depending on the locations to be scanned, the scan may take a while. If threats will be found during the scanning process, you will be prompted to choose the actions to be taken on the detected files.
in Bitdefender 2020 »