The Choiceof The ExpertsWorldwide
KEEP YOUR ENTERPRISE SAFEAGAINST SOPHISTICATED CYBER THREATS
Bitdefender, a leading global cybersecurity company protecting over 500 million systems worldwide, today announced it has achieved a “Recommended” rating in the NSS Labs 2019 Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) Test.... Read More
As organizations embrace new technologies, data center environments become heterogeneous, and the percentage of workloads running in public clouds continues to increase. As such, software-defined networking (SDN) solutions must expand... Read More
Bitdefender, the innovative cybersecurity solutions provider, has won top awards for 2018 from the world’s two leading independent cybersecurity analysis firms, once again proving the company offers the highest level... Read More
Bitdefender, Europol, the Romanian Police and other law enforcement institutions are offering a new version of the free decryption tool to counter the latest versions of GandCrab – one of... Read More
Bitdefender, a leading global cybersecurity company protecting over 500 million systems worldwide, announced today that CRN® , a brand of The Channel Company, has named Joe Sykora, VP Global Sales... Read More
Bitdefender allows the exclusion of specific files, folders or file extensions from scanning. To add any of them to the Exclusions list, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Bitdefender interface.
2. Access Protection on the left hand side menu.
3. In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Manage Exceptions.
4. Click ADD AN EXCEPTION.
5. Drag & drop the file/folder you want to exclude inside the search bar, under Exceptions options. Or click the magnifying glass to find and select the file/folder you want to exclude.
6. Click OK.
7. Make sure all these checkboxes are selected:
• On-access scan (Real-time protection against malware. Bitdefender automatically scans all accessed files and e-mails).
• On-demand scan (Manual, user-performed scans.)
• Embedded scripts. (The ability to scan different applications for scripts that might harm your device).
8. Click ADD EXCEPTION to save the changes and close the window.
To remove an exception from the list, click the bin icon next to it.
Bitdefender also allows you to exclude file extensions from scanning. The file extensions added in the exception list will be skipped from scanning, regardless of their location on your computer.
To exclude a file extension simply type the extension inside the search bar, under Exceptions options. Here is an example: .bmp
Make sure the extensions are excluded from both on-access and on-demand scan.
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?
For any issues with Bitdefender you can always contact us using this form
How to activate the Bitdefender subscription
How to install Bitdefender 2020
How to install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac
How to install Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android