Log in to your Bitdefender account and manage security for what matters.
Live Support offered by certified experts
Prevention, Hardening, Risk-, and Incident Analytics
eXtended Detection and Response
SOC-Driven, Security-Focused Outcomes
Next-Gen AV for All Infrastructures
Next-Gen AV for Small Businesses
Protection for Virtual Servers and Desktops
Analytics for Advanced Threat Detection
Cloud-based Email Security
Advanced MSP Security Suite
Bitdefender allows the exclusion of specific files, folders or file extensions from scanning. To add any of them to the Exclusions list, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Bitdefender interface.
2. Access Protection on the left hand side menu.
3. In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Manage Exceptions.
4. Click ADD AN EXCEPTION.
5. Drag & drop the file/folder you want to exclude inside the search bar, under Exceptions options. Or click the magnifying glass to find and select the file/folder you want to exclude.
6. Click OK.
7. Make sure all these checkboxes are selected:
• On-access scan (Real-time protection against malware. Bitdefender automatically scans all accessed files and e-mails).
• On-demand scan (Manual, user-performed scans.)
• Embedded scripts. (The ability to scan different applications for scripts that might harm your device).
8. Click ADD EXCEPTION to save the changes and close the window.
To remove an exception from the list, click the bin icon next to it.
Bitdefender also allows you to exclude file extensions from scanning. The file extensions added in the exception list will be skipped from scanning, regardless of their location on your computer.
To exclude a file extension simply type the extension inside the search bar, under Exceptions options. Here is an example: .bmp
Make sure the extensions are excluded from both on-access and on-demand scan.
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?
For any issues with Bitdefender you can always contact us using this form
How to activate the Bitdefender subscription
How to install Bitdefender 2020
How to install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac
How to install Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android