Bitdefender allows the exclusion of specific files, folders or file extensions from scanning.
To add any of them to the Exclusions list, follow the steps explained below:
1. Open the Bitdefender program and go to the Protection window.
2. Click the Settings button in the ANTIVIRUS module.
3. Select the Exceptions tab.
4. Click on the List of files and folders excepted from scanning accordion menu.
5. Click the Add button.
6. Click Browse and select the folder that you want to be excluded from scanning. Make sure it’s excluded from Both on-demand scanning and on-access scanning.
• On-demand scanning is based on scan tasks and is performed manually. You can scan the computer whenever you want by running the default tasks or your own scan tasks (user-defined tasks)
• On-access scanning represents Bitdefender’s capability to offer real-time protection against a wide range of malware threats by automatically scanning all accessed files and e-mail messages.
7. Click Add to save the changes and close the window.
Bitdefender also allows you to exclude file extensions from scanning. When excluded, files with those extensions will no longer be scanned by Bitdefender.
To exclude file extensions from scanning:
1. Click the List of extensions excepted from scanning accordion menu.
2. Click the Add button.
3. Enter the extensions that you want to be excluded from scanning, separating them with semicolons (;). Here is an example: txt;avi;jpg. Again, make sure the extensions are excluded from Both on-demand scanning and on-access scanning.