The foundation of business security
The security requirements for any company, no matter how large or small, should be the same. While protecting your company's intellectual property and securing customer data are good business practices, the impact of any virus outbreak greatly affects the companys operational efficiency and can incur lost productivity from the workforce.
This loss of productivity can cripple a small company and at best, hamper the companys growth. The answer to data loss and lost productivity from malicious malware is proactive protection.
Companies can effectively protect their business clients from attack by using Bitdefenders ability to detect and prevent known and zero-day threats, ensure compliance to corporate security policies and manage them effectively with fewer IT resources.
Effective malware protection and endpoint management
While antivirus is the foundation of a good security policy, it is no longer the only answer to protecting your workforce from malicious threats. Bitdefender Client Security has evolved beyond a single antivirus detection engine to provide a more complete security approach to deal with the latest threats targeting your business.
Large numbers of workstations can be quickly and easily managed via Bitdefenders Centralized Management platform, giving IT administrators organization-wide visibility into malware threats and the ability to proactively protect their network resources. The Bitdefender Management Console provides a centralized point for remote installation, configuration and reporting of all Bitdefender Clients, Server and Gateway products deployed within the network.
Bitdefender Client Security
Bitdefender Client Security is an easy to use business security and management solution, which delivers superior proactive protection from viruses, spyware, rootkits, spam, phishing and other malware. The centralized management ensures consistent security policies, website access and application controls, audits and other remote management scripts to further improve the productivity.
Bitdefender Client Security offers multiple levels of protection and client management functionality. All features are remotely configurable, including advanced security policies to control user’s access to removable devices, local applications or time limits for internet usage.
Bitdefender Client Security
Bitdefenders Client security provides a host of features targeted towards the small to medium size business, including the following key features;
Multi-layer threat protection
- Award winning virus detection, cleaning and quarantine of viruses, spyware/adware, Trojans and rootkits
- Allows flexible scheduling of on-demand or immediate execution scans for possible infection assessment
- Quarantines infected or suspected files, minimizing risk of propagation
- System level spam protection with constantly updated whitelists/blacklists and Bayesian learning engine to identify new spam that bypass traditional filters
- Customizable content filtering to identify sensitive information to minimise data leakage
- Personal firewall protection for remote and roaming users
Integrated end-to-end security solution
- Reduced risk of infections from websites by using real-time scanning of all endpoints web traffic
- Enforced security policies by application level controls to prevent users for running specific programs on endpoints
- Higher productivity and security by blocking users from visiting specific types of websites or sending out emails with sensitive information
- Remote management consolidates configuration and threat information from all endpoints and servers via the dashboard interface
- Reduced resource costs and overhead of managing multiple clients
- Provides remote policy-based configuration and management
- System configuration, auditing, installation, and application removal
Defense in depth
Bitdefender Client Security is just one element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop. Bitdefenders proactive, multi-platform products detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.
Endpoint threat protection and management
Bitdefenders award-winning scan engines have been recognized by leading certification bodies, - including ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin, and West Coast Labs - for their unmatched proactive antimalware protection. Bitdefender Client Security provides multiple levels of advanced protection;
Bitdefender Client Security offers multiple levels of protection and client management functionality.
Bitdefender Client Security uses multiple layers of technology to protect the endpoint, including;
- Antivirus In addition to signature based detection, Bitdefender provides heuristic detection that emulates a virtual computer-within-a-computer, checking all files and code for malicious behavior. This technique produces fewer false positives and significantly higher detection rates for zero-day and unknown threats.
- Antispam - Using constantly updated blacklists and whitelists of known Spam sites, Bayesian learning provides another layer of detection that adapts to the changes made by Spammers to bypass static Spam filters.
- Antispyware - Bitdefender Client Security detects and prevents known spyware and adware by using five different filtering methods to monitor the registry for modifications, file scanning, cookie control, URL filtering and content inspection to prevent outbound data leakage.
- Antiphishing - While considered more of personal threat than a corporate threat; phishing sites can also harvesting information from your companys employees. Using a combination of constantly updated blacklists and whitelists, Bitdefender prevents users from known accessing phishing sites and preventing compromise.
- Content Filtering - Content filtering allows for the detection of predefined information such as credit card or account information, report names, client databases, etc. from passing outside the companys control.
- Firewall - When users roam or work remotely using unsecured wireless networks, they are no longer protected by the companys perimeter firewall. Granular settings such as Internet blocking and access by IP address, application, port or protocol allows flexible configuration options while maintaining maximum security against inbound and outbound threats.
Hourly updates are provided for new virus definitions and new product updates can be deployed during a scheduled maintenance window, ensuring your Bitdefender Client Security deployment is current with the very latest threat protection - without disrupting your network.
The Bitdefender Client Security solution is delivered with server-side centralized management and client-side endpoint protection components. The client-side includes two components: Bitdefender Business Client to protect and control Windows endpoints, and Bitdefender Agent to enable centralized management. The client-side components are deployed by using the Bitdefender's Centralized Management platform.
Bitdefender Business Client and Management Agent
Intel® Pentium compatible processor:
- 500 MHz for Windows 2000
- 800 MHz for Windows XP
- 1 GHz for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- 512 MB for Windows 2000, Windows XP
- 1 GB for Window Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 32-bit
- 2 GB for Windows 8 64-bit
Minimum hard disk space:
- 1 GB (100 MB for Management Agent)
- Business Client and Management Agent for Windows 8*, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP1, Windows XP (SP2), Windows Home Server, Windows 2000 Professional (SP4 Rollup 1 v2)
- Management Agent also for Windows Server 2012, Windows 2008 / 2008 SBS / 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003 (SP2), Windows 2000 Server (SP4 Rollup 1 v2), Mac OS X 10.4.6 or newer, Linux 2.4.x or 2.6.x with glibc 2.3.1 or newer and libstdc++5 from gcc 3.2.2 or newer)
* Deploy Bitdefender Business Client for Windows 8 following the instructions presented here.
Bitdefender Management Server, Management Console and Update Server
Intel® Pentium compatible processor:
- 1GHz (2GHz recommended)
- 512MB (2GB recommended)
Hard disk space:
- 1.5GB (2.5GB recommended), 3GB for upgrades
- Windows 2000 Professional SP4
- Windows 2000 Server SP4
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008
- Windows 7
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 or Microsoft SQL Express Edition (included)
Supported web browsers for Management Console:
- Internet Explorer 7 (or later)
- Internet Explorer 6 (Windows 2000)