Troubleshooting Bitdefender Endpoint Security error messages 1003, 1004, 1005 during an update
This article applies to Endpoint Security, Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools (for Windows and Linux) and Endpoint Security for Mac.
- 1003: Could not resolve proxy
- 1004: Could not connect to proxy or server
- 1005: Could not authenticate to proxy or server
- The endpoint is not configured correctly to communicate over the internet through a proxy.
- The endpoint cannot resolve the proxy due to a DNS issue.
- There is no proxy configured in the Bitdefender policy.
At first, ping the proxy hostname to check if it is resolved correctly.
In the GravityZone policy, go to General > Settings > Proxy Configuration and configure the proxy server used in your network for outside communication.
To speed up troubleshooting, please also provide support tool logs from the affected workstation and associated relay/appliance. Read also this KB to learn how to use the GravityZone LogCollector for troubleshooting.