For payment methods such as bank transfers or checks, you will receive an e-mail with your activation code after the payment is confirmed. Bank transfers are typically processed in 2-3 working days from the time the wire payment was sent. If paying by check, it could take up to 2 weeks to receive your payment.
For payment methods like credit card or PayPal, if you haven’t received your Bitdefender code within 30 minutes of a successful transaction, here is what you should do:
1. Check all folders in your mailbox, especially Spam/Junk & Promotions
The e-mail might have been accidentally marked as spam, so make sure to check all folders in your mailbox, especially Spam/Junk and Promotions.
If the confirmation e-mail from Bitdefender has been flagged as spam by mistake, select the e-mail marked as spam and then click the “Not spam” button at the top of the Inbox.
The e-mail will be unmarked as spam and moved to your Inbox.
2. Find your order & the Activation Code
Unexpected processing delays may occur due to several factors. You can track your Bitdefender order and view its status in real time by accessing the Order lookup page. Open the “By card details” tab, input the first 4 & last 4 digits of your credit card and the e-mail address used in the transaction, then click on FIND MY ORDER.
Once you have entered the email address used in the order process and the requested card information, the system will display details of your Bitdefender order. Do the following, depending on the status of your online order:
- If the order is complete, click here to retrieve the activation code. Type in the e-mail address associated with the order, then click on SEND ACCESS LINK. You will receive an email with an access link valid for 1 hour. Follow the link and press “View order details” to find the code for your new Bitdefender subscription. It’s the 10-digit key inside the “Registration info” card.
- If the order is incomplete or pending, wait a few more hours. Unexpected processing delays may occur. To keep your system safe until the code arrives, you may install a trial version of the Bitdefender product you ordered. If you don’t receive the code after 24 hours, please contact our support team. They will be more than happy to assist you.
- If the order cannot be found even though the credit card has been charged, double-check that you have entered a valid e-mail address and that it matches the e-mail used when placing the order. This is to ensure that our system is able to locate the order. If the platform is unable to find any orders related to the data you entered, you most likely accidentally typed the email address wrong when making the purchase. Please contact our support team to help you receive the activation code for your online order.
After you receive the code for your new Bitdefender subscription, the next step is to activate it in your Bitdefender Central account. If you need help with the activation process, please consult this article – How to activate the Bitdefender subscription. Don’t worry about adding the validity of your new code to your subscription. You will find it very easy to merge the validity directly into your Bitdefender Central account.
In case you encounter any errors when activating the code, you can access this friendly guide regarding common activation errors.