The Battery Mode profile is specially designed for laptop and tablet users. Its purpose is to minimize both system and Bitdefender impact on power consumption when the battery charge level is lower than the default one or the one you select.
The following product settings are applied when Bitdefender operates in Battery Mode profile:
• Bitdefender Automatic Update is postponed.
• Scheduled scans are postponed.
• Security Widget is turned off.
• Bitdefender detects when your laptop has switched to battery power and based on the battery charge level it automatically enters Battery Mode. Likewise, Bitdefender automatically exits Battery Mode when it detects the laptop is no longer running on battery.
You can configure the actions taken by Bitdefender while in Battery Mode Profile, by following the instructions presented below:
1. Click the Settings icon on the left side bar of the Bitdefender interface.
2. Select the PROFILES tab.
3. Click the CONFIGURE button from the Battery Mode Profile area.
4. Choose the system adjustments you would like to be applied by checking one or more of the options displayed in the new window.
You can also specify when the system should start operating in Battery Mode. To do that, type a valid value in the spin box or select one using the up and down arrow keys
NOTE: By default, the mode is activated when the battery charge level drops below 30%.
5. Click Save to close the windows.