The Battery Mode profile in Bitdefender applies product settings and holds down background activity to save battery life. To learn more about Bitdefender Profiles check out this article – What are the Bitdefender Profiles and how do they work?
What is Battery Mode Profile?
Some computer activities, such as online games or video presentations, require increased system responsiveness, high performance, and no interruptions. When your laptop is running on battery power, it is best that unnecessary operations, which consume additional power, be postponed until the laptop is connected back to A/C power.
The Battery Mode profile is specially designed for laptop and tablet users. Its purpose is to minimize both system and Bitdefender’s impact on power consumption when the battery charge level is lower than the default one or the one you select.
Bitdefender automatically switches to Battery Mode when the battery charge level drops below 30%. Likewise, Bitdefender automatically exits Battery Mode when it detects that the laptop is no longer running on a low battery. The following product settings are applied by default when Bitdefender operates in the Battery Mode profile:
• Bitdefender Automatic Update is postponed.
• Scheduled scans are postponed.
• Security Widget is turned off.
How to configure Battery Mode Profile
You can configure the actions taken by Bitdefender while in Battery Mode Profile, by following the instructions presented below:
1. Click the Utilities icon on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface.
2. In the Profiles pane, click Settings.
3. Click the Configure button from the Battery Mode Profile area.
4. Choose the system adjustments you would like to be applied by checking one or more of the options displayed in the new window:
• Optimize product settings for Battery mode.
• Postpone background programs and maintenance tasks.
• Postpone Windows Automatic Updates.
• Adjust power plan settings for Battery mode.
• Disable external devices and network ports.
5. Click SAVE to save the changes and close the window.
Type a valid value in the spin box or select one using the up and down arrow keys to specify when the system should start operating in Battery Mode. By default, the mode is activated when the battery charge level drops below 30%.