The Public Wi-Fi Profile adjusts product settings to give you the possibility to make payments online and use sensitive information in a protected environment. Sending e-mails, typing sensitive credentials, or shopping online while connected to unsafe wireless networks can expose your personal data to risk.
While running in the Public Wi-Fi profile, Bitdefender is set to automatically accomplish the following program settings:
• Advanced Threat Defense is turned on
• The Bitdefender Firewall is turned on, and the following settings are applied to your wireless adapter:
• Stealth mode-ON
• Network type-Public
• The following settings from Online Threat Prevention are turned on:
• Encrypted web scan
• Fraud protection
• Phishing protection
To configure Bitdefender to apply product settings while connected to an unsafe wireless network:
1. Click the Utilities icon on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface.
2. Click Settings in the Profiles section.
3. Click the Configure button from the Public Wi-Fi Profile area.
4. Let the Adjusts product settings to boost protection when connected to an unsafe public Wi-Fi network checkbox enabled.
5. Click Save to close the windows.