Sending e-mails, typing sensitive credentials or shopping online while connected to unsafe wireless networks can expose your personal data to risk. The Public Wi-Fi Profile adjusts product settings to give you the possibility to make payments online and use sensitive information in a protected environment.
While running in the Public Wi-Fi profile, Bitdefender Total Security 2018 is set to automatically accomplish the following program settings:
• Advanced Threat Defense is turned on
• The Bitdefender Firewall is turned on and the following settings are applied to your wireless adapter:
• Stealth mode-ON
• Network type-Public
• The following settings from Web Protection are turned on:
• Protection against fraud
• Protection against phishing
To configure Bitdefender to apply product settings while connected to an unsafe wireless network:
1. Click the icon on the left side bar of the Bitdefender interface.
2. Select the PROFILES tab.
3. Click the CONFIGURE button from the Public Wi-Fi Profile area.
4. Let the Adjusts product settings to boost protection when connected to an unsafe public Wi-Fi network checkbox enabled.
5. Click Save to close the windows.