The instructions presented below will help you reset Google Chrome, in order to deal with issues caused by adware:
• Hold the Shift key (on your keyboard) and then click on the Chrome icon, from the Dock.
• Click on the Menu button in the upper-right corner, go to More Tools, then select Extensions
• Uninstall any extensions that you didn’t install yourself and that you don’t recognize; you should look especially for: Search2me, Searchme, Ebay Shopping Assistant, Slick Savings.
• Go to History and click on Clear browsing data.
• Choose From the beginning of time and click again on Clear browsing data.
• Go to Settings, navigate to On Startup click on Set Pages and remove all the pages except for Google.
• Navigate to Search Engine, click on Manage Search Engines, and make sure make sure you only keep Google in the list