Installing GravityZone Security for Endpoints
Bitdefender GravityZone provides full visibility into organizations’ overall security posture, global security threats, and control over its security services that protect virtual or physical desktops, servers and mobile devices. All Bitdefender’s Enterprise Security solutions are managed within the GravityZone through a single console, Control Center, that provides control, reporting, and alerting services for various roles within the organization.
This article is meant to help you install Endpoint Security on the computers you want to protect.
- Installing Endpoint Security Using Installation Tasks
- Installing Endpoint Security Using Installation Packages
To protect your computers with Security for Endpoints, you must first install Endpoint Security (the client software) on each of them. Endpoint Security manages protection on the local computer. It also communicates with Control Center to receive the administrator's commands and to send the results of its actions. Once you have installed a Security for Endpoints client in a network, it will automatically detect unprotected computers in that network.
The Security for Endpoints protection can then be installed on the other computers remotely from Control Center.
Remote installation is performed in the background, without the user knowing about it.
Note: Before installation, be sure to uninstall existing antimalware and firewall software from the target computers. Installing Security for Endpoints over existing security software may affect their operation and cause major problems with the system. Windows Defender and Windows Firewall will be turned off automatically when the install process starts.
Endpoint Security can be installed on the targeted computers either by deploying it from the Control Center or by downloading the needed installation package and running it manually on the targeted computers.
To remotely install the Security for Endpoints protection on one or several computers:
- Log in to the Control Center
- Go to the Network page
- Choose Computers from the service selector
- Select the desired group from the left-side pane. All computers from the selected group are displayed in the right-side pane table.
- Apply filters to display unmanaged computers only. Click the filters button and select the following options in each category: Unmanaged, Show all and Show all computers (including subfolders).
- Select the check boxes corresponding to the computers on which you want to install protection.
- Click the Task button at the right-side of the table and choose Install client. The Install Endpoint Security window is displayed.
- Under the Options tab, configure the installation options.
Under the Credentials tab, specify the administrative credentials required for remote authentication on selected computers. If you have not already defined the credentials in the Credentials manager, add the required administrator accounts as follows:
- Enter the user name and password of an administrator account for each of the selected computers in the corresponding fields. Optionally, you can add a description that will help you identify each account more easily. If computers are in a domain, it suffices to enter the credentials of the domain administrator. Use Windows conventions when entering the name of a domain user account (for example, domain\\user or email@example.com).
- Click the corresponding Add button. The new account is created.
- Click Save. A confirmation message will appear
- You can view and manage the task on the Network > Tasks page
The default installation package for Endpoint Security includes the Antimalware, Firewall and Content Control modules. The update location is automatically set to the address of the GravityZone appliance and the targeted computer will be scanned for malware before installation.
To install Endpoint Security using an installation package:
- Log in to the Control Center
- Go to the Network > Packages page
- Select Default Endpoint Security Package
- Click the Download button at the right side of the table and select Downloader from the menu. Depending on your browser settings, the file may be downloaded automatically to a default download location.
- Run the installation package on the target computer