How to display the Antispam toolbar when it is not integrating in the email client
Before you start reading this document, please make sure that you are logged into Windows with an administrative account (for the operating systems that support this type of accounts).
Also, please note that the Bitdefender Antispam toolbar works only on accounts that have local administrative rights.
A. Check if the Antispam toolbar is compatible with your e-mail client
The Bitdefender Antispam toolbar is compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, Outlook Express (32 bit), Windows Mail (32 bit) and Mozilla Thunderbird.
NOTE: In case the toolbar is not compatible with your e-mail client, you should know that if you are using the default protocols and port numbers for the account settings (POP3, port 110 for incoming server; SMTP, port 25 for outgoing server), the e-mail traffic will be scanned for SPAM and malware.
B. Make sure the Antispam module is enabled
First, close the e-mail client. Then open Bitdefender, go to the Antispam module. And check here if it’s enabled.
If the Antispam module was already enabled please follow the instructions below:
Go to Start -> (All) Programs -> Accessories -> click on Command Prompt (for Windows XP) or right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista and 7). In the Command Prompt window give the following commands:
- cd %programfiles%BitdefenderBitdefender 2013 and hit Enter;
- bdagent /stop and hit Enter and wait a few seconds;
- bdagent and hit Enter;
Now, open your e-mail client and check if the Antispam toolbar appeared in the e-mail client.
C. Unregister and re-register the Antispam toolbar if you are using Microsoft Outlook
If this is the first time you encounter this issue, it is possible that the Bitdefender Antispam toolbar is un-registered. In order to correct this, you'll need to follow the steps presented below, while having Outlook closed:
- Go to Start -> (All) Programs -> Accessories -> click on Command Prompt (for Windows XP) or right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista and 7).
- In the Command Prompt window type the following commands one after another:
- regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%BitdefenderBitdefender 2013bdo.dll" and hit the Enter key.
- regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%BitdefenderBitdefender 2013bdo.dll" and hit the Enter key.
NOTE: In the above commands, we assume that Bitdefender is installed in the default location. If this is not the case, then you should change the command accordingly.
- If you are using a 64-bit Operating System and Microsoft Office x64, the commands are the following ones:
- regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%BitdefenderBitdefender 2013antispam32bdo.dll" and hit the Enter key.
- regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%BitdefenderBitdefender 2013antispam32bdo.dll" and hit the Enter key.
Restart your computer and check if the Antispam Toolbar is loaded in Microsoft Outlook.
- If this is not the first time that you encounter this issue and/or the above step fails, then please open Outlook and go to:
- For MS Outlook 2007: Tools | Trust Center | Add-Ins |Manage -> COM Add-Ins -> GO
- For MS Outlook 2010: File | Options | Add-Ins | Manage -> COM Add-Ins -> GO
In the window that will appear, you should see the Bitdefender Antispam component:
- If the Bitdefender Antispam plug-in does not exist in the Add-Ins list, then the component is not registered. You need to either run the commands presented above or to use the Add button; Browse to the Bitdefender installation location, select bdo.dll and click OK. After that please make sure that the component is checked, then click OK and restart MS Outlook.
- If the Bitdefender Antispam exists and the option is checked but the toolbar does not appear (or you restart MS Outlook and the checkbox is un-checked automatically again) then this situation happened due to a MS Outlook crash.
In order to fix this please open MS Outlook go back Add-Ins, Manage field, select Disabled Items from the dropdown list and click Go. Now, you will see a new dialog window from where you can enable the add-ins. Simply check the Bitdefender Antispam add-in to enable it.
After this operation you will be able to check the Bitdefender Antispam toolbar.
If following the above steps did not solve the issue click here to contact Customer Care.