How do I protect my personal information?
Privacy Control monitors the data leaving your computer through web forms, e-mail messages or instant messages.
To make sure no private data leaves your computer without your consent, you must create appropriate data protection rules and exceptions to these rules.
The data protection rules specify the information to be blocked.
To create a Data Protection rule, follow these steps:
- Open the Bitdefender window.
- Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.
- Click Privacy Control on the left-side menu and then the Data Protection tab.
- If Data Protection is turned off, turn it on using the corresponding switch.
- Select the Add rule option to start the Data Protection wizard.
- Follow the wizard steps.