How do I exclude a folder from being scanned?
Bitdefender allows excluding specific files, folders or file extensions from scanning.
Exclusions are to be used by users having advanced computer knowledge and only in the following situations:
- You have a large folder on your system where you keep movies and music.
- You have a large archive on your system where you keep different data.
- You keep a folder where you install different types of software and applications for testing purposes. Scanning the folder may result in losing some of the data.
To add the folder to the Exclusions list, follow these steps:
- Open the Bitdefender window.
- Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.
- Click Antivirus on the left-side menu and then the Exclusions tab.
- Click the Excluded files and folders link.
- Click the Add button, located at the top of the exclusions table.
- Click Browse, select the folder that you want to be excluded from scanning and then click OK.
- Click Add and then click OK to save the changes and close the window.
Need more support?
Use other contact options: