Bitdefender Business Client Windows 8 Compatibility patch
Bitdefender Client Security is a network security solution aimed at all types of businesses. Client products are Bitdefender security solutions that can be managed remotely using Bitdefender Management Server. You can install client products only on the network computers that are managed by Bitdefender Management Server (client computers). Before you proceed, prepare your computers for deployment to make sure it goes smoothly.
Starting from the 28th of November 2012, our Bitdefender Client Security product is compatible with Windows 8.
- Bitdefender Business Client cannot be installed on Windows 8 through policies or unattended packages, only through the Deployment Tool.
- Do not run the patch during a deployment process. The patch will stop the active deployment.
- Before running the patch you need to disable all the policies ( you can reactivate them after installing the client).
- After disabling the policies and running the patch, please install the agent first.
- After installing the agent, you can install the client. The package compatible with Windows 8 is "BitDefender Business Client for Windows 8". Please do not install the package "BitDefender Business Client" on Windows 8.
- After running the patch, the agent version will be 18.104.22.1683. However, it is not necessary to have the same agent version on non-Windows 8 machines.
In order to install Bitdefender Business client on Windows 8, please follow the steps below:
- Download and install the Bitdefender Management Server Windows 8 patch from here.
Open the Deployment Tool and deploy the Bitdefender Management Agent on the Windows 8 machines.
- Deploy the Bitdefender Business Client on the Windows 8 machines.