Depending on the network you are connected to, the Bitdefender firewall may block the connection between your system and another device (such as another computer or a printer). As a result, you may no longer share or print files.
In this case, the best solution is to configure Bitdefender to automatically allow connections to and from the respective device. For each network connection you can configure a special trusted zone.
A trusted zone is a device that you fully trust. All traffic between your computer and the trusted device is allowed. To share resources with specific devices, such as computers or printers, add them as trusted zones.
To add a trusted zone on your network adapters, follow these steps:
If you still cannot connect to the device, the issue may not be caused by Bitdefender.
Check for other potential causes, such as the following:
- If the Windows Firewall is used, it can be configured to allow file and printer sharing as follows: open the Windows Firewall settings window, Exceptions tab and select the File and Printer Sharing check box.
- If another firewall program is used, please refer to its documentation or help file.
- You may need to log on to a Windows administrator account to access the shared printer.
- Permissions are set for the shared printer to allow access to specific computer and users only. If you are sharing your printer, check the permissions set for the printer to see if the user on the other computer is allowed access to the printer. If you are trying to connect to a shared printer, check with the user on the other computer if you have permission to connect to the printer.
- The printer connected to your computer or to the other computer is not shared.
- The shared printer is not added on the computer.
To learn how to manage printer sharing (share a printer, set or remove permissions for a printer, connect to a network printer or to a shared printer), go to the Windows Help and Support Center (in the Start menu, click Help and Support).