Streamdefender Anti-Virus Protection
StreamDefender detects top viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malware at Gigabit speeds. If your gateway product, hardware appliance, perimeter device, or web based equipment has meager resources, StreamDefender overcomes the limitations of the hardware architecture, processing power, or memory. With a strong, robust anti-malware database, StreamDefender’s database can be modified to meet your specific needs and resource requirements. In some testing scenarios, StreamDefender showed up to a 4x improvement in processing speed over the competition.
StreamDefender is hardware and software agnostic. It can run on virtually any third party pattern or index matching, Regular Expression, or Deep Packet Inspection engine. Devices that have hardware acceleration built-in will be able to achieve high-speed throughput at wire speeds.
StreamDefender can be used as a complimentary technology to an existing Antivirus SDK solution. Companies can implement both StreamDefender and an Antivirus scanning engine within a hardware appliance, Unified Threat Management (UTM) device, cloud based platforms, or routers – provided there is enough resources to run the Antivirus scanning engine.
Gigabit Antivirus Protection
The small foot print of StreamDefender allow devices to weed out malware while requiring little CPU, memory, or storage depending on how the product is configured. StreamDefender signatures’ are extremely flexible and they can be finely tuned to meet almost any combination of possibilities.
StreamDefender reduces the number of infections passing into the network, therefore decreases the risk for endpoint infections and data corruption. This minimizes the number of users having to take corrective action to resolve malware related problems. Additional benefits are:
- Scan files as a network stream to reduce latency, memory, and storage requirements.
- Require little CPU, memory, or storage.
- Can support wire line speed with hardware acceleration.
- Unlimited combinations of signatures can be implemented.
- Does not require a full file to be present before scanned.
- Does not require proxy.
- Transparent to users unless virus detected, then device can send user a notification. (configured by OEM)
- Lower chance of network infections.
- Decrease load on other networking security components.
- Work with virtually any pattern matching engine.
- Mitigate impact of network malware outbreaks to compliment endpoint solutions.
- Take less time and is much easier to manage and apply updates to StreamDefender enabled devices versus hundreds or thousands of endpoints systems.
High Speed Antivirus Detection
StreamDefender has the features that allow businesses to add high speed, low latency anti-virus threat protection into perimeter, network, or gateway devices to defend the whole network behind it even if the device architecture, CPU processing power, or memory is severely strained.
- Hardware or software platform independent.
- Stream-based malware scanning.
- High-speed throughput with hardware acceleration.
- Flexible database can be customized to meet detection or performance requirements.
- Small file footprint can be around 1MB.
- Frequent updates or when especially malevolent malware outbreaks occur.
- Malware that had been compressed, packed, or archived does not have to be uncompressed to be detected.
Fast Antivirus Detection Specification
Whether you have an existing platform or specifying a new platform, StreamDefender can work with many standard pattern matching engines.
- Virtually any pattern or index matching, Regular Expression (REGEX), or Deep Packing Inspection (DPI) engine.
- Virtually any hardware and software combination.
- (Optional) hardware acceleration.
- Around 1MB memory depending on the file size.