Troubleshooting endpoint protection with the Reconfigure Client task
Bitdefender GravityZone provides full visibility into organizations' overall security posture, global security threats, and control over its security services that protect virtual or physical desktops, servers and mobile devices. All Bitdefender's Enterprise Security solutions are managed within the GravityZone through a single console, Control Center, that provides control, reporting, and alerting services for various roles within the organization
This article describes the Reconfigure Client task and is mainly intended for users wanting to install or uninstall each endpoint module, for troubleshooting purposes.
The security agent's protection modules, roles and scanning modes are initially configured within the installation package. After you have installed the security agent in your network, you can change the initial settings anytime by sending a Reconfigure client remote task to the managed endpoints you are interested in.
Use this task to identify faulty endpoint modules by installing and uninstalling them in a clean manner.
Please note that the Reconfigure client task overwrites all installation settings and none of the initial settings are kept. While using this task, make sure to reconfigure all the installation settings for the target endpoints.
To change the installation settings for one or several endpoints:
- Log in to Control Center web console.
- Go to the Network page.
- Choose Computers and Virtual Machines from the views selector.
- Select the group that you want from the left-side panel. All endpoints from the selected container are displayed in the right-side panel table.
- Select the check boxes of computers for which you want to change the installation settings.
- Click the Tasks button at the upper side of the table and choose Reconfigure client to bring up the following window:
- Select one of the actions below:
● Add - Add new modules besides the existing ones.
● Remove - Remove specific modules from the existing ones.
● Match list - Match the modules installed with your selection.
- Under the Scheduler section, configure the task to run Now.
- Configure the modules you want to have on the endpoints.
- Click Save. A confirmation message will appear. You can view and manage the task on the Network > Tasks page.
To successfully isolate the faulty endpoint module, uninstall each module individually and, after each removal, check if you can reproduce the issue.