Reset password for GravityZone users
Bitdefender GravityZone provides full visibility into organizations' overall security posture, global security threats, and control over its security services that protect virtual or physical desktops, servers and mobile devices. All Bitdefender's Enterprise Security solutions are managed within the GravityZone through a single console, Control Center, that provides control, reporting, and alerting services for various roles within the organization
This article shows you how to change or reset a lost password for GravityZone users.
- Reset password for bdadmin, from command line interface
- Change password for bdadmin, from command line interface
- Reset password for Control Center access
If you forgot the password of bdadmin user account for GravityZone virtual appliance (Ubuntu operating system), you need to follow the next procedure:
Reboot GravityZone Virtual Appliance and press the SHIFT key when it starts to reload. The next image with the GRUB menu will appear on your screen:
Select Ubuntu, with Linux 3.x.x-xx-generic and then press E key. A new window will appear.
init=/bin/bashcommand before the last line:
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.x.x-xx-generic, as shown in the image bellow.
- After that, press CTRL+X or F10 key to boot.
Mount the partition in read-write mode, by typing the command:
mount –o remount, rw /
To reset the bdadmin's password, type the following command:
passwd bdadminand enter the new password.
Mount partition in read-only mode, by typing the command:
mount –o remount, ro /
- Restart the virtual machine. You can use your new password now.
If you want to change the password of bdadmin user account for GravityZone virtual appliance (Ubuntu operating system), you need to follow the next procedure:
Connect to GravityZone Virtual Appliance. You can do this in two ways:
- Open GravityZone Virtual Appliance console and press ALT+F2 keys, to change the CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Connect through SSH, using putty or any client of your convenience.
- Login with bdamin user account.
sudo sucommand and insert bdadmin's password to grant root privileges.
passwd bdadmincommand and insert the new password. Your new password will be valid on next login.
If you forgot the password of the Control Center user account (or any other administrator account), you need to follow the procedure for password recovery.
- Open GravityZone Control Center web console in a web browser.
Press the Forgot password? link. A new window appears.
Insert your e-mail address associated with your GravityZone user account and click the Submit button. A confirmation message will appear.
- Click the link from the e-mail you received to complete the password reset procedure.