Installing GravityZone Security for Mobile Devices
Bitdefender GravityZone provides full visibility into organizations' overall security posture, global security threats, and control over its security services that protect virtual or physical desktops, servers and mobile devices. All Bitdefender's Enterprise Security solutions are managed within the GravityZone through a single console, Control Center, that provides control, reporting, and alerting services for various roles within the organization
This article explains how to configure Mobile Devices Security in GravityZone by adding mobile devices to users in Control Center and by installing the Mobile Client application on corresponding devices.
- Security for Mobile Devices Prerequisites
- Creating custom users
- Adding mobile devices to users in Control Center
- Installing GravityZone Mobile Client on devices
GravityZone Security for Mobile Devices provides a unified enterprise-grade management of iPhone, iPad and Android devices connected to a corporate network by real-time scanning and enforcing organization’s security policies on any number of devices.
To manage the security of mobile devices used in your company, first you have to associate them to specific users in Control Center, then install and activate the Mobile Client application on each of them.
To manage mobile devices from GravityZone Control Center, a series of conditions must be satisfied.
To include mobile devices in GravityZone management, you have to associate them to existing users in Control Center. You can add mobile devices to available Active Directory users. If integration with Active Directory is unavailable, you will have to create custom users first. Either way, you can anytime define custom users as owners of mobile devices connected to your company network.
To create custom users:
- Go to the Network page.
- From the menu in the upper-left part of the page, choose Mobile Devices.
- In the left-side pane, select Custom Groups.
- Click the Add User icon on the action toolbar. A configuration window will appear.
- Specify the required user details.
- A suggestive username (for example, the user's full name)
- User's email address
Important: Make sure to provide a valid email address. The user will be sent the installation instructions by email when you add a device.
Note: Each email address can only be associated with one user.
- Click OK.
You can add an unlimited number of mobile devices to each user. You can only add one device to one specific user at a time.
To add a device to a specific user:
- Go to the Network page.
- From the menu in the upper-left side of the page, choose Mobile Devices.
- Search for the user in the Active Directory folders or in Custom Groups and select the corresponding check box in the right-side pane.
- Click the Add Device icon at the upper of the table. A configuration window will appear.
- Configure the mobile device details:
- Enter a suggestive name for the device.
- Select the device ownership type (enterprise or personal). You can anytime filter mobile devices by ownership and manage them according to your needs.
- The configuration window displays the unique activation token assigned to the device and the communication server address, as well as the corresponding QR code, required for activating the mobile device, after the Mobile Client installation.
Note: If you are going to install the Mobile Client on the user's device, proceed to that without closing this window. After installation, when prompted to activate the device, enter the activation token and the communication server address or scan the provided QR code.
- Click OK. The user is immediately sent an email with the installation instructions and the activation details to be configured on the device. The activation details include the activation token and the communication server address (and corresponding QR code).
Note: You can anytime view the device activation details by clicking its name in Control Center.
You can check the number of devices assigned to each user in the right-side pane, under Devices column.
Mobile devices can be enterprise-owned or personally-owned. You can install and activate Mobile Client on each mobile device, then hand it to the corresponding user. Users can also install and activate Mobile Client by themselves, following the instructions received by email.
The Mobile Client application is exclusively distributed via Apple App Store and Google Play.
To install Mobile Client on a device:
1. Search for the application on the official app store:
2. Download and install the application on the device.
3. Start the application.
4. Make the required configuration:
a. Tap Activate to enable GravityZone as device administrator. Read carefully the provided information.
b. Enter the activation token and the communication server address or, alternatively, scan the corresponding QR code.
Note: Activation information is available from Control Center in the mobile device's details and also in the email received by user.
d. Tap Activate.
e. On iOS devices, you are prompted to install the MDM profile. If your device is password protected, you will be asked to provide it. Also, you have to allow GravityZone to access your device settings, otherwise the installation process returns to the previous step. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete profile installation.
Once the installation is complete, you can view managed mobile devices in the GravityZone Control Center, under corresponding users. Click the number of devices associated to the user you are interested in to display the list of attached mobile devices.