Bitdefender Security Server Manual Installation
Bitdefender Security Server is a dedicated virtual appliance running on an Ubuntu machine, which deduplicates and centralizes most of the antimalware functionality of antimalware agents, acting as a scan server.
Bitdefender provides the Security Server under several formats, such as OVA, VHD or XVA. When the virtual environment uses an unsupported format, such as Amazon AMI, manual installation is an option.
This article aims to explain how to manually install Security Server on an Ubuntu machine.
Memory and CPU resource allocation for the Security Server depends on the number and type of VMs running on the host. The following table lists the recommended resources to be allocated:
|Number of protected VMs||RAM||CPUs|
|1-50 VMs||2 GB||2 CPUs|
|51-100 VMs||2 GB||4 CPUs|
|101-200 VMs||4 GB||6 CPUs|
HDD: 16 GB (SSD, if available)
- On the physical server, install Ubuntu 16.04.3, with a working internet connection.
- Provide a new user account named bdadmin, when prompted to Set up users and passwords.
- Select standard system utilities and OpenSSH server when prompted to choose Software selection.
- Connect to the machine using SSH (username bdadmin), and enter the following in the CLI:
$ sudo -i
# mv /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.orig
# echo "deb http://download.bitdefender.com/repos/deb-hydra-ng-gz/ bitdefender non-free">> /etc/apt/sources.list
# curl -sS http://download.bitdefender.com/repos/gzrepos.key.asc | apt-key add -
# dpkg --remove-architecture i386
# apt update
# export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
# apt-get -y install bitdefender-scan-server
- Select option 3 Communication Server configuration from the menu.
- Choose whether the GravityZone solution you have is an on-premises or a cloud solution.
- Enter the IP and the port number of the Communication Server to which the Security Server should connect, followed by port 8443. For example: 10.10.0.9:8443
- Select Ok to confirm your action.
For any other question regarding the GravityZone product please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org