Bitdefender Security Server Manual Installation
Bitdefender Security Server is a dedicated virtual appliance running on an Ubuntu machine, which deduplicates and centralizes most of the antimalware functionality of antimalware agents, acting as a scan server.
Bitdefender provides the Security Server under several formats, such as OVA, VHD or XVA. When the virtual environment uses an unsupported format, such as Amazon AMI, manual installation is an option.
In this article, you will learn how to install Security Server through a script on an Ubuntu machine from your environment(Citrix XenServer, VMware ESXi, AWS).
Memory and CPU resource allocation for the Security Server depends on the number and type of VMs running on the host. The following table lists the recommended resources to be allocated:
|Number of protected VMs||RAM||CPUs|
|1-50 VMs||2 GB||2 CPUs|
|51-100 VMs||2 GB||4 CPUs|
|101-200 VMs||4 GB||6 CPUs|
HDD: 16 GB (SSD, if available)
- On the physical server, install Ubuntu 16.04.3, with a working internet connection.
- Use any authentication method to log in.
- Deploy a new Ubuntu 16.04 instance in your environment.
- Update the OS to the latest version.
- Download the script from here and unpack the archive.
- Use the following command to assign execute permission:
chmod 500 install-scan-server.dat
- Navigate to the downloaded script and run it to install and update the Security Server:
You can follow the output of this command to check when the installation task is completed.
- Open the following log file after the installation is completed.
- Check the output for a completed update process.
The end of the output returns the following:
dateStamp BDLIVED INFO: Done installing updates: 5 location(s) updated.
If the update process is not yet finished, please wait while the Security Server runs through all the updates.
- Setup the SVA.
- Select option 3 Communication Server configuration from the menu.
- Choose whether the GravityZone solution you have is an on-premises or a cloud solution.
- Enter the IP and the port number of the Communication Server to which the Security Server should connect, followed by port 8443. For example: 10.10.0.9:8443
- Select Ok to confirm your action.
For any other question regarding the GravityZone product please contact: email@example.com