BEST / Endpoint Security compatibility with PC-Sheriff
Bitdefender GravityZone provides full visibility into organizations' overall security posture, global security threats, and control over its security services that protect virtual or physical desktops, servers and mobile devices. All Bitdefender's Enterprise Security solutions are managed within the GravityZone through a single console, Control Center, that provides control, reporting, and alerting services for various roles within the organization.
In order to resolve BEST / Endpoint Security compatibility issues with PC-Sheriff, follow the below steps.
1. If Bitdefender Endpoint is already installed, uninstall it and reboot the computer.
2. Delete the following folders if they are present:
- Program Files>Bitdefender
- Program Files (x86)>Bitdefender
- Program Files>Common Files>Bitdefender
- Program Files (x86)>Common Files>Bitdefender
3. Install PC-sheriff and create an exclusion partition.
Note: If you want to install just Bitdefender Endpoint, you must have at least 1.5GB of free space on the Exclusion Drive. If you want to install Bitdefender Endpoint with the Relay role, you must have at least 12GB of free space on the Exclusion Drive.
- If you already have PC-Sherif installed with an Exclusion Drive, Bitdefender Endpoint can reside on the same Exclusion Drive if the space requirements are met.
4. Install Bitdefender Endpoint on the Exclusion Drive. This can be acomplished by modifying the package in the GravityZone console by specifying a custom install location.
5. In the PC-Sheriff software add the following registry exclusions:
6. Update Bitdefender Endpoint.
Note: Make sure Bitdefender Endpoint is up to date, make subsequent updates.
7. "Update Baseline" from the PC-Sheriff software.
- After each Bitdefender product update you Must "Update Baseline" from the PC-Sheriff software.
- Concerning step 6: If Bitdefender Endpoint makes a product update during the initial update and requires restart, you MUST "Update Baseline" from the PC-Sheriff software before restarting and "Update Baseline" again after restart.