Hackers are relentless in their efforts to steal personal information, so you can never be too careful about securing online transactions.
Bitdefender Safepay is a protected browser, a sealed environment that is designed to keep your online banking, e-shopping and any other type of online transaction private and secure.
Bitdefender Safepay offers the following features:
• It blocks access to your desktop and any attempt to take snapshots of your screen.
• It protects your secret passwords while browsing online with Password Manager.
• It comes with a virtual keyboard which, when used, makes it impossible for hackers to read your keystrokes.
• It is completely independent from your other browsers.
• It comes with built-in hotspot protection to be used when your computer is connected to unsecured Wi-fi networks.
• It supports bookmarks and allows you to navigate between your favorite banking/shopping sites.
• It is not limited to banking and e-shopping. Any website can be opened in Bitdefender Safepay.
By default, Bitdefender detects when you navigate to an online banking site or online shop in any browser on your computer and prompts you to launch it in Bitdefender Safepay.
To access the main interface of Bitdefender Safepay, use one of the following methods:
• From the Bitdefender interface:
1. Click the Privacy icon on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface.
2. Click the Safepay action button.
• From Windows:
• In Windows 7:
1. Click Start and go to All Programs.
2. Click Bitdefender.
3. Click Bitdefender Safepay.
• In Windows 8 and Windows 8.1:
Locate Bitdefender Safepay from the Windows Start screen (for example, you can start typing “Bitdefender Safepay” directly in the Start screen) and then click the icon.
• In Windows 10:
Type “Bitdefender Safepay” in the search box from the taskbar and click its icon.
NOTE: If the Adobe Flash Player plugin is not installed or is outdated, a Bitdefender message will be displayed. Click the corresponding button to continue. After the installation process is completed, you will have to manually reopen the Bitdefender Safepay browser to continue your work.
If you are used to web browsers, you will have no trouble using Bitdefender Safepay – it looks and behaves like a regular browser:
• enter URLs you want to go to in the address bar.
• add tabs to visit multiple websites in the Bitdefender Safepay window.
• navigate back and forward and refresh pages .
• access Bitdefender Safepay settings by clicking the hamburger menu in the upper right corner and choosing Settings.
• protect your passwords by clicking the Bitdefender Wallet button.
• manage your bookmarks by clicking the Bookmarks button next to the address bar.
• open a virtual keyboard for better protection.
• increase or decrease the browser size by pressing simultaneously Ctrl and the +/– keys in the numeric keypad.
• view information about your Bitdefender product by clicking the hamburger menu and choosing About.
• print important information.
NOTE: To switch between Bitdefender Safepay and Windows desktop, press the Alt+Tab keys, or click the Minimize button.