Bitdefender Safepay is a protected browser, a sealed environment that is designed to keep your online banking, e-shopping, and any other type of online transaction private and secure. Hackers are relentless in their efforts to steal personal information, so you can never be too careful about securing online transactions.
Bitdefender Safepay is a secure browser designed to keep your online banking, e-shopping, and any other type of online transaction private and secure.
Safepay protects against all e-threats that target your banking data such as hacking, phishing, packet analysis, “man-in-the-browser” and “man-in-the-middle” attacks, Trojans, system changes, etc.
While browsing in Safepay you don’t risk being spied on, having your passwords stolen. Malicious keyloggers can’t record what you type on your keyboard and send reports over the Internet to hackers. Safepay also prevents malware to take screenshots and detects fraudulent websites. The web-filtering technology ensures that you never land on a harmful website.
Bitdefender Safepay also comes with a built-in VPN that secures your confidential data even on public Wi-Fi networks.
Safepay offers the following features:
• It blocks access to your desktop and any attempt to take snapshots of your screen.
• It protects your secret passwords while browsing online with Password Manager.
• It comes with a virtual keyboard which, when used, makes it impossible for hackers to read your keystrokes.
• It is completely independent of your other browsers.
• It comes with a built-in VPN to be used when your computer is connected to unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
• It supports bookmarks and allows you to navigate between your favorite banking/shopping sites.
• It is not limited to banking. Any website can be opened in Bitdefender Safepay.
By default, Bitdefender detects when you navigate to a banking site in any browser on your computer and prompts you to launch it in Bitdefender Safepay.
To access the main interface of Bitdefender Safepay, use one of the following methods:
From the Bitdefender interface
• Click the Safepay icon on the main Bitdefender interface.
• In Windows 10
Type Bitdefender Safepay in the search box from the taskbar and click its icon.
• In Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
Locate Bitdefender Safepay from the Windows Start screen (for example, you can start typing Bitdefender Safepay directly in the Start screen) and then click the icon.
• In Windows 7
1. Click Start and go to All Programs.
2. Click Bitdefender.
3. Click Bitdefender Safepay.
If you are used to web browsers, you will have no trouble using Bitdefender Safepay – it looks and behaves like a regular browser:
• enter URLs you want to go to in the address bar
• add tabs to visit multiple websites in the Bitdefender Safepay window
• navigate back and forward and refresh pages
• access Bitdefender Safepay settings by clicking the hamburger menu in the upper right corner and choosing Settings.
• protect your passwords by clicking the Bitdefender Wallet button
• manage your bookmarks by clicking ☆ next to the address bar
• open a virtual keyboard for better protection
• increase or decrease the browser size by pressing simultaneously Ctrl and the +/– keys in the numeric keypad.
• view information about your Bitdefender product by clicking ••• and choosing About.
• print important information by clicking ••• and choosing Print
• to switch between Safepay and Windows desktop, press the Alt+Tab keys, or click the Switch to Desktop button in the lower left-hand corner.