In this article, we’ll show you how to uninstall Bitdefender Virus Scanner from macOS with a few clicks.
There often comes a time when you just don’t need to keep a program around. Uninstalling a program from a Windows computer is an easy step for many users (beginner or expert level), and things are even seamless on a Mac.
No matter the reason, we’ll show you exactly how to uninstall Bitdefender Virus Scanner from your Mac in just a few seconds.
To uninstall Bitdefender Virus Scanner head over to this Apple tutorial that explains how to delete almost any app on your Mac or follow the steps below:
1. Click on Finder at the bottom left of the Dock (Finder is the icon that looks like a blue square with a smiley face).
2. Click Applications on the sidebar of the window that will pop up on your screen once you open Finder. You can also click Go at the top left of the screen, on the menu bar, to select Applications.
3. In the list of installed applications, select Bitdefender Virus Scanner.
4. Next, drag & drop the app Bitdefender Virus Scanner to the Trash icon located at the bottom right of the Dock. Alternatively, you can right-click on Bitdefender Virus Scanner and choose Move to Trash. This last action will remove the application.
That’s it! If you have managed to follow all the steps which were provided to you in this short guide, you have successfully managed to uninstall Bitdefender Virus Scanner.
TIP: Optionally, to free up extra storage space on your Mac also delete ~/Library/Application Support/Bitdefender Virus Scanner after uninstalling the Bitdefender Virus Scanner application. The content of this folder is not used by any other app and can be safely deleted. Here’s how to remove the Bitdefender folder from Application Support:
1. Click again on Finder at the bottom left of your Dock.
2. Click Go at the top left of the screen, on the menu bar, and select Go to Folder.
3. Type in
4. Next, click Go.
4. Delete the folder Bitdefender Virus Scanner by dragging it to the Trash.
5. Make sure to empty the Trash. This method usually frees up about 300 MB of storage space.
To use Bitdefender Virus Scanner again on your Mac after deleting it, reinstall it from App Store.