In this article, we will show you how to allow an app through Bitdefender firewall. The Bitdefender firewall uses a set of rules to filter data transmitted to and from your system. Depending on the network you are connected to, the firewall may block certain programs from accessing the Internet or the local network. In this case, the best solution is to add an exception to the firewall by following the step below.
1. Click on the Protection button, situated on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface.
2. Click the Settings button in the FIREWALL module.
3. Select the Rules tab. The programs for which rules have already been created will be displayed.
4. To add an application rule, click the Add rule button. After that, a new window will appear.
5. Choose if the rule will apply to all applications or not by clicking on the switch situated in the upper section of the window.
6. Click on Browse and select the .exe file of the application the rule will apply to.
7. Select one of the available Permissions:
Allow (blue switch): The specified application will be allowed network/Internet access under the specified circumstances.
Deny (grey switch): The specified application will be denied network / Internet access under the specified circumstances.
8. Select the Network Type the rule will apply to. You can choose from the following: Any Network, Home/Office, or Public.
9. Next, you will have to select the IP Protocol the rule will apply to.
10. Finally, select the traffic direction the rule will apply to:
Outbound: The rule applies only for outgoing traffic.
Inbound: The rule applies only to incoming traffic.
Both: The rule applies in both directions.
NOTE: You can find more options in the Advanced tab. There, users can customize the following settings:
Custom Remote Address: Specify the remote IP address and port the rule applies to.
Custom Local Address: Specify the local IP address and port the rule applies to.