This article will guide you stepwise to update Bitdefender offline on Windows computers. Bitdefender should be updated offline when the Internet connection is too slow or when you don’t have Internet access.
You can download the updates manually to a computer with Internet access and then transfer them to your offline computer using a removable device, such as a flash drive. The update package is called weekly.exe and is released every Friday. It includes all the virus definitions and scan engine updates that are available up to the release date. The weekly.exe application is a Virus Definition Update only. If you are looking to install product updates, you must update Bitdefender using an Internet connection through the Update feature of the product.
Updating Bitdefender’s threat definitions offline
Here’s how to update Bitdefender offline using the Weekly utility:
1. Download the file corresponding to your Windows architecture from the link below and save it on your hard disk. Follow these steps if you need help determining whether your computer is running a 32-bit or a 64-bit Windows.
2. Double-click the downloaded file ‘weekly.exe’ to start the setup wizard.
3. Wait a few moments while the antivirus signatures are being unpacked.
4. Select the radio button ‘I accept the agreement’ after you read and agree with the License Agreement. Then press ‘Next’.
5. Click ‘Install’ to begin installing the updates offline.
6. Please wait for the utility to update Bitdefender’s Threat Definitions.
7. Click the ‘Finish’ button after completing the offline update process.