What to do when Bitdefender detects legitimate applications
We strive to reduce false-positive reports to a minimum. However, these reports are commonly due to bad programming practices (e.g. applications that change the Master Boot Record, add run registry entries, change system files without the user’s confirmation or execute custom macros in office applications, etc.).
In order to promptly provide you the specific information needed to correct this issue, we ask that you send us the detected file(s) as described below:
NOTE: These files will be used for malware analysis only and will be treated accordingly.
1. Disable Bitdefender's real-time protection and/or any other security software you are using
2. Locate the file(s) on your drive
3. Add the detected file(s) to a zip file using file compression software of your choice (WinZip, WinRAR, etc.)
4. Password protect the zip file with the password "infected"
5. Complete the CUSTOMER CARE ONLINE FORM and provide us with the following:
- The zip file (upload via “Attach a file” field)
- The words “FALSE POSITIVE” typed in the message body
6. Click the SUBMIT button
7. Enable the Bitdefender real-time protection and/or any other security software you might use.