Bitdefender’s self-protect mechanism prevents any modifications to Bitdefender processes and will block any attempts to do such things. Critical Bitdefender processes closed by other programs would represent a breach of security. Thus, in many cases, System Restore fails when these processes are active.
To perform a System Restore adequately, you will have to choose one of the following methods:
- Uninstall Bitdefender using one of the Uninstall Tools available here.
- Restart your device.
- Perform a System Restore, using the instructions in this article.
ⓘ Note: The System Restore process may tamper with the Bitdefender files. We recommend running the Uninstall Tool again, to make sure you have a clean reinstall.
4. Then reinstall Bitdefender, by following these steps.
- Hold the Windows key and tap the R key.
- Type msconfig in the corresponding bracket and then press Enter.
- Now, select the Boot tab from the System Configuration windows.
- Check the box next to Safe Boot, then click on OK and restart your device.
- Run System Restore, by following these instructions.
- After the process is completed, hold the Windows key and tap R.
- Type msconfig in the bracket and press Enter.
- Uncheck Safe Boot from the Boot tab and restart your device normally.