Bitdefender’s self-protect mechanism prevents any modifications to Bitdefender processes and will block any attempts to do such things. Critical Bitdefender processes closed by other programs would represent a breach of security. Thus, in many cases, System Restore fails when these processes are active.
To perform a System Restore adequately, you will have to choose one of the following methods:
• Uninstall Bitdefender using one of the Uninstall Tools available here.
• Restart your device.
• Perform a System Restore, using the instructions in this article.
NOTE: The System Restore process may tamper with the Bitdefender files. We recommend running the Uninstall Tool again, to make sure you have a clean reinstall.
• Reinstall Bitdefender, by following these steps.
• Hold the Windows key and tap the R key.
• Type msconfig in the corresponding bracket and then press Enter.
• Now, select the Boot tab from the System Configuration windows.
• Check the box next to Safe Boot, then click on OK and restart your device.
• Run System Restore, by following these instructions.
• After the process is completed, hold the Windows key and tap R.
• Type msconfig in the bracket and press Enter.
• Uncheck Safe Boot from the Boot tab and restart your device normally.