Release Notes for GravityZone On-premises Platform
GravityZone is regularly updating to bring new security features and improvements. The release notes aim to highlight the changes delivered with each update of the GravityZone on-premises platform.
Please note that some GravityZone solutions may have fewer features than you can view in the release notes. Learn more about the differences between solutions from the Compare Bitdefender GravityZone solutions webpage.
Active Directory Integration
- In some situations, endpoints joined in AD appear offline in Control Center even though they are online. The issue is being investigated and it is not affecting endpoint protection.
Nutanix Prism Element Integration
- The Nutanix integration has an incorrect status in Control Center when a Nutanix Prism user is disabled or has changed privileges to Viewer.
- The Information window does not display any issues for unlicensed VMware NSX and vShield VMs on the protected hosts.
- VMware NSX and vShield VMs with expired license are not marked as having issues.
- The license usage limit notification is not sent in some cases when the CPU licensing model for virtual environments is used.
- Adding HVI exceptions from the Blocked Applications and HVI Activity reports for events with an invalid source is not allowed. The Add Exception button will be grayed out for such incidents.
- Virtual machines deployed and assigned with an HVI policy while the Security Server is suspended do not become managed after resuming the Security Server. In this situation you need to restart the Security Server.
- Initializing HVI on a high amount of virtual machines on a host may lead to machines unresponsiveness up to one minute.
- Linux virtual machines without XenServer tools are displayed in Control Center as Windows OS.
- In some situations the Security Server Status report displays the accurate Power state of the appliance with a few minutes delay.
- Exporting the CSV file of the HVI Activity report with the maximum available reporting interval set might be unsuccessful. Bitdefender recommends lowering the report interval if such situations occur.
- Endpoint Module Status report displays the HVI module status as unavailable instead of disabled for machines where both Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools and HVI are installed, but HVI is disabled in the policy.
- Protection of processes with names which contain special characters is not supported. HVI protection malfunctions in such cases.
- Some application categories are not localized in the HVI > User Space section of the policy.
Nutanix Prism Element Integration
- When integrating GravityZone with a Nutanix Prism Element registered to Nutanix Prism Central, you must manually upload the Security Server image file to Prism Central. For more information, refer to this KB article.
GravityZone cannot synchronize the Nutanix inventory automatically, if the following events occur:
- A host becomes unreachable.
- A host is added or removed from the cluster.
- The hardware configuration of a host has been modified.
- A host has a new IP.
- The name of the cluster has changed.
In such cases, you need to resync the integration from the Configuration > Virtualization page. For more information, refer to the "Configure Control Center Settings" chapter of the Installation Guide.
- To benefit of HVI protection, you have to deploy the Security Server remotely from the Network page of GravityZone Control Center. Do not install locally the Security Server package available in the Packages page.
- HVI is available on the latest Security Server package from the management console. You should redeploy existing Security Server on each Citrix XenServer host if HVI protection is desired.
- In GravityZone environments integrated with Active Directory, virtual machines joined in Active Directory and protected only by HVI appear unmanaged in Computers and Virtual Machines view of the Network page.
- HVI Prerequisites are available in the details window only from the Virtual Machines view of the Network page. The Computers and Virtual Machines view shows only when the Supplemental Pack is outdated.
- SSH sessions or remote desktop connections might time out when changing HVI settings, depending on the tools used. A reconnect is necessary to continue working on the remote machines.
- HVI installs only on standalone Security Server deployments. If you deploy the Security Server as a role of a GravityZone appliance, HVI will not be available.
- Machines protected by HVI become unresponsive for a couple of seconds if the Security Server is overloaded. To avoid such situations, Bitdefender recommends enabling the Overloaded Security Server notification and adding resources when the load is high.
- When forced to shut down, the Security Server does not have the time to update the status of the protected virtual machines and they are still displayed as managed. This situation is resolved as soon as the Security Server is online again.
- Windows Driver Verifier slows down virtual machines with HVI enabled. It is recommended to disable it when using HVI.
- For clean GravityZone deployments, product kits might be displayed in the Control Center > Update page with up to an hour delay, based on your Internet connection.