How to clean malware from an e-mail archive when using BEST
Bitdefender can identify viruses in e-mail databases and e-mail archives stored on disk.
Sometimes it is necessary to identify the infected message using the information provided in the scan report, and delete it manually.
- Open the BEST using Power User mode or modify the policy currently applied on the machine.
- Under Antimalware > On-access, disable the On-access Scanning by unselecting the checkbox
- In Outlook Express: On the File menu, click Folder, then Compact All Folders.
- In Microsoft Outlook 2007: On the File menu, click Data File Management. Select the personal folders (.pst) files you intend to compact, and click Settings. Click Compact Now.
- In Microsoft Outlook 2010 / 2013: On the File menu, click Info and then Account settings (Add and remove accounts or change existing connection settings). Then click Data File, select the personal folders (.pst) files you intend to compact, and click Settings. Click Compact Now.